General Chat

Stevo985

20 hours ago, Xela said:

I did 3 days last week at home and felt it was just a bit too much! 2 days is fine for me as I do get on with most of my colleagues so it is a good balance.

Don't you find it a bit lonely working from home?

I did an entire week recently!

I'd say no to your question, the trade off of being at home makes up for any isolation. Besides, such is the meetings culture at my place I'm regularly talking to people and since everyone works from home regularly you can never guarantee that the people you don't mind talking to will actually be in on a given day.

In previous jobs certain colleagues would become really good and close friends and we'd be going out regularly after work. Now I'm a bit too old for that and have other goals than blowing £100-£200 a week boozing etc.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think what this debate about homelessness has demonstrated none of us know who is genuine or not and we all react differently to towards it. 

Whenever I take a walk from new street to colmore row I'm always shocked at the amount of homeless people and quite frankly the 'state' of them, virtually all I see are clearly high on smack or an equivalent. I could say with confidence that virtually all of them are 'genuine'. It strikes me that it's at crisis levels in this city.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

2 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

As it's a bit misogynistic, I'm going to write this in a Haiku because that makes it nicer.

Female colleague sends friend request.

Look through photos of her massive jugs.

Vanish March 2017. They're phonies!

Haiku?? Isn't it meant to be 3 lines of 5, 7 and 5 syllables not words, unless you originally wrote it in Japanese of course and your google translate version was unaware of the rules....

Must try harder, young Paddywhack 

Anyway isn't this a little off topic from our Homeless discussion? :P

10 minutes ago, MickeyC_UTV said:

Haiku?? Isn't it meant to be 3 lines of 5, 7 and 5 syllables not words, unless you originally wrote it in Japanese of course and your google translate version was unaware of the rules....

Not if she paid for the implants by begging outside McDonalds.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, MickeyC_UTV said:

Ah shit, man, you're right.

Colleague friend request.

Looked through pics of big boobies.

Not always there. Sad.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Whenever I take a walk from new street to colmore row I'm always shocked at the amount of homeless people and quite frankly the 'state' of them, virtually all I see are clearly high on smack or an equivalent. I could say with confidence that virtually all of them are 'genuine'. It strikes me that it's at crisis levels in this city.

You in Brum? I always thought you were London based. 

3 hours ago, MickeyC_UTV said:

Hang on, Paddywhack is talking about massive jugs and you pick him up on his syntax! 

Ask about the jugs!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Obviously I don't live in brum so I don't know the daily things that go on there but man it was bad on this visit compared to when I last came. 

London is a bigger city but I don't see it as much as on this weekend to brum. 

10 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

From the stench that was steaming out of the cubical next to me, I can only conclude that my mystery colleague has been on a strict ham only diet for the last few days.

Mmmmmmmmmmm Ham

• Like 1

I've been to Walsall today. That's a proper mixed bag.

So many really interesting buildings around the shopping streets, lots of history if you look up above the ground floor shop fronts. A properly struggling little shopping centre complex. 

They've got a statue of a woman that isn't Queen Vic. For that alone, well done Walsall.

5 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

From the stench that was steaming out of the cubical next to me, I can only conclude that my mystery colleague has been on a strict ham only diet for the last few days.

Went into a cubicle at work earlier and someone had shit on the seat. Not a skid mark, which would have been ridiculous on it own, but a proper faecal patty on the seat. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Quit working yesterday, posted on here about having an essential Tremor a few months ago, essential Tremor has made my job, my career and everything I've worked for for the last 17 years impossible to do. 

Applied for a job at Iceland, got rejected at the first stage. Phoned agencies all over the Midlands and got nowhere.

So depressed at the moment, my career taken away from me then Iceland turn me down at the first stage

Jim, hope all works itself out soon for you. 

• Like 1

Does anyone know if it’s possible to find official arrival times for flights more than 1-2 days ago?

Our flight to the US on the 18th left about 2:35 mins late and I am wondering when we officially landed (knowing there could be a lot of compensation to pay if it’s more than 3 hours late on arrival).

11 hours ago, Genie said:

Does anyone know if it’s possible to find official arrival times for flights more than 1-2 days ago?

Our flight to the US on the 18th left about 2:35 mins late and I am wondering when we officially landed (knowing there could be a lot of compensation to pay if it’s more than 3 hours late on arrival).

Mooney Flight Radar

• Like 1

Â