General Chat

Stevo985

8 hours ago, The_Rev said:

Scottish King Robert who beat the English at Bannockburn.   Five letters. something something "U" something something

Robert Bruce out

Edit, crap, :( How could I post and totally miss that.

Edited by Tegis
  • Haha 1

On 27/09/2018 at 08:07, StefanAVFC said:

Only populated with coffee shops and charity shops and stuck up Tories.

That's what makes it nice and tranquil! :detect:

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

Has anyone seen Sean Morrisons "throw in's"? I swear he does it in every match.. bloody long throws in the box, deadly as hell.

It's absurd though, totally takes forever for him to do it.

Rory Delap likes this. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

A few months back a lot of you were very supportive about my wife's miscarriage. I got to really see what a good community VT is and especially @VILLAMARV & @NurembergVillan who were very supportive.

So now that all the arguments about Bruce have ended (and before we we all start arguing about the next guy) I want to let you all know the good news that we are now expecting our first child at the end of January!

It's a boy and I think the "Aston" is a great name but the wife is not sold on it yet!

Mate, that is brilliant news and I hope everything goes well for you both.

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095bb76a5a56734b6549

• Thanks 1

On 05/10/2018 at 15:30, TheAuthority said:

A few months back a lot of you were very supportive about my wife's miscarriage. I got to really see what a good community VT is and especially @VILLAMARV & @NurembergVillan who were very supportive.

So now that all the arguments about Bruce have ended (and before we we all start arguing about the next guy) I want to let you all know the good news that we are now expecting our first child at the end of January!

It's a boy and I think the "Aston" is a great name but the wife is not sold on it yet!

That is wonderful!

By January, let’s hope you’ll be insisting he be called Thierry (or maybe Henry is easier?)

• Like 1

Need some advice. So last night again it happened my fiance had a nightmare and she talks loudly like panics in her sleep. it wakes me up! Usually happens around 3-4am then I can't get back to sleep.

I obviously don't want to have a go at her as it's obviously not her fault and I think the nightmares surround her parents deaths as she lost both to tragic circumstances from a young age.

Anyone had this ? If so anything can do or am I stuck with this?!

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Need some advice. So last night again it happened my fiance had a nightmare and she talks loudly like panics in her sleep. it wakes me up! Usually happens around 3-4am then I can't get back to sleep.

I obviously don't want to have a go at her as it's obviously not her fault and I think the nightmares surround her parents deaths as she lost both to tragic circumstances from a young age.

Anyone had this ? If so anything can do or am I stuck with this?!

My OH does this all the time.
To be fair it's happened a lot less the past year, but for the first year we lived together it was almost every night.
She'd wake up with a loud shout or she'd wander round the flat in her sleep, and then be talking nonsense when you try to talk to her.

Used to scare the shit out of me (as in make me jump) when it happened. Happened more when we were in unfamiliar surroundings too like on holiday.

Ultimately she can't help it. And if you say anything then she'll just feel more paranoid about it and it would make things worse. I think it's probably driven by anxiety so if she's worried about doing it then it's going to spiral.

I'm lucky that it didn't really bother me and I never have any problem falling back off to sleep, so I always just tried to make her feel fine about it. Over time it's almost disappeared.

You can see your GP about stuff like this though if it becomes a real issue. get her to see the GP and lay it on a bit thick about keeping you awake and that and they might do something. 

Obviously I'm not a medical professional so all of this is just my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

My OH does this all the time.
To be fair it's happened a lot less the past year, but for the first year we lived together it was almost every night.
She'd wake up with a loud shout or she'd wander round the flat in her sleep, and then be talking nonsense when you try to talk to her.

Used to scare the shit out of me (as in make me jump) when it happened. Happened more when we were in unfamiliar surroundings too like on holiday.

Ultimately she can't help it. And if you say anything then she'll just feel more paranoid about it and it would make things worse. I think it's probably driven by anxiety so if she's worried about doing it then it's going to spiral.

I'm lucky that it didn't really bother me and I never have any problem falling back off to sleep, so I always just tried to make her feel fine about it. Over time it's almost disappeared.

You can see your GP about stuff like this though if it becomes a real issue. get her to see the GP and lay it on a bit thick about keeping you awake and that and they might do something. 

Obviously I'm not a medical professional so all of this is just my opinion.

Thanks stevo. Glad someone else has experienced this. I just wake up rub hee back and say it's ok its just a dream and then she is fine afterwards.

But i can never get back to sleep. I think you might be right about it being about anxiety as my fiance is a private person and she seems to get anxious around big groups until she gets to know them properly. 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Thanks stevo. Glad someone else has experienced this. I just wake up rub hee back and say it's ok its just a dream and then she is fine afterwards.

But i can never get back to sleep. I think you might be right about it being about anxiety as my fiance is a private person and she seems to get anxious around big groups until she gets to know them properly. 

Yeah I guess the difference is I have no bother dropping back off to sleep. If I couldn't do that it would be much more of a problem.

A GP might even give her something for anxiety if that's what's driving it. Might help too.

If you do go down that route, like I said get her to lay it on thick about keeping you up.

I have a sleep related issue (mild sleep apnoea) and when I went to the docs they didn't really do anything for me until I told them it was causing me to snore and keep my other half awake etc

7 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

That would scare the shit out of me. What if they tried to walk down the stairs? Could they still navigate them in their sleep? 

Yeah they're not really asleep. Well at least that is the case for my OH. I guess it's sleepwalking. 

She has her eyes open and it looks like she's just being normal, but she's just talking pure shite. My OH's is always something about having left her bag at work or losing her purse or something random. Standard anxiety dream stuff (I always have dreams where I've lost my passport or football boots or something)

Hard to explain. I'm confident she'd be able to navigate stairs fine. it's not like the movies where they're walking around with their eyes closed and banging into stuff. it's almost like they're just in a different world. They can see everything and operate as normal, but whatever they're talking about is happening in their head.

Quite often I'll be on the sofa, I'll hear her shout from the bedroom and then she'll wander into the lounge and talk some bollocks about the postman leaving our parcel in the hedge. I'll say something like "Don't worry, you're asleep". She'll argue for a second trying to convince me she's right and then she'll slowly come out of it. She'll be really confused, then embarrassed but she'll suddenly be aware of where she is. Go back to bed and she won't remember it in the morning.

It's definitely freaky the first couple of times it happens but I'm used to it now. I find it quite funny if I'm honest :D 

Edited by Stevo985
  • Haha 1

Â