General Chat

Stevo985

I think probably all of us get our phones out when sat on the pot, but is it weird to do it when you're at a urinal?

I do it, but then instantly put my phone back in my pocket if I hear somebody coming in, so I must think it's weird.

Edited by Paddywhack

10 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I think probably all of us get our phones out when sat on the pot, but is it weird to do it when you're at a urinal?

I do it, but then instantly put my phone back in my pocket if I hear somebody coming in, so I must think it's weird.

Of course I do it.  How else are you supposed to take a picture?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Does anyone else get spaz hands from time to time? As in, you think you're holding something pretty normally and all of a sudden you're juggling it around and it's on floor. 

Just done this with a jar of salt at work. Proper nobber.

Yes.

3 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Does anyone else get spaz hands from time to time? As in, you think you're holding something pretty normally and all of a sudden you're juggling it around and it's on floor. 

Spaz hands?

I don't know what you meahkjdnmb.kdhuswuo,l

On 21/05/2018 at 12:30, AVFC_Hitz said:

I've just had that "half-way down a flight of stairs and suddenly the brain has a panic and forgets how stairs work" moment.

It'll be one of the numskulls on a break, no doubt.

6 minutes ago, choffer said:

I've just had that "half-way down a flight of stairs and suddenly the brain has a panic and forgets how stairs work" moment.

Like a boss

tenor.gif

• Like 4

4 hours ago, choffer said:

Happens too much to me! As soon as I think about the fact i'm going down some stairs, I forget how to operate my legs and have to grab the handrail. 

32 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Is it true that American kettles don't switch themselves off when the water boils? 

I was told that electric kettles, as in kettles specifically designed almost exclusively to heat water for hot drinks, just aren't really a thing in America.

And yeah, when they do have kettles it's one of those old fashioned ones that you put on the stove and they whistle when it's ready.

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I was told that electric kettles, as in kettles specifically designed almost exclusively to heat water for hot drinks, just aren't really a thing in America.

And yeah, when they do have kettles it's one of those old fashioned ones that you put on the stove and they whistle when it's ready.

No, electric kettles. I just heard a radio interview with the guy who invented the automatic cutoff system, and he was saying that he once calculated that if you replaced all U.S. electric kettles with British ones, you could save the equivalent power output of several nuclear reactors. Probably hyperbole, but it just surprised me that not all kettles have cutoffs. Seems mad. 

Edited by mjmooney

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

No, electric kettles. I just heard a radio interview with the guy who invented the automatic cutoff system, and he was saying that he once calculated that if you replaced all U.S. electric kettles with British ones, you could save the equivalent power output of several nuclear reactors. Probably hyperbole, but it just surprised me that not all kettles have cutoffs. Seems mad. 

Yeah that is weird.

I still think electric kettles are pretty rare in the US though, but haven't bothered to research it.

• Like 1

On 29/05/2018 at 10:15, Stevo985 said:

Yeah that is weird.

I still think electric kettles are pretty rare in the US though, but haven't bothered to research it.

In Canada it was all very much ordinary kettles that turn themselves off.  Ours even let us set the temperature depending what type of tea or coffee we were drinking.  A feature I never used.

Â