General Chat

Stevo985

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Christ, who steals car radios stereos now? Its like going back to the 90's! 

I remember having to cary my Pioneer 'face off' stereo with me when I parked up in town. Mind you, it was more valuable then the car it was in! 

Your radio goes tits up these days you just go to a scrap yard and buy an exact replacement. Also car stereos in every car are a much better standard these days

Same goes for alloy wheels these days too, not sure why they still come with pain in the ass locking wheel nuts

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

Your radio goes tits up these days you just go to a scrap yard and buy an exact replacement. Also car stereos in every car are a much better standard these days

Same goes for alloy wheels these days too, not sure why they still come with pain in the ass locking wheel nuts

Certain cars like Landrover Discovery suffer incredibly with thefts of their spare wheels as they are stowed under the car.

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

Certain cars like Landrover Discovery suffer incredibly with thefts of their spare wheels as they are stowed under the car.

Last time I had a vehicle that stowed the spare underneath (an old shape Galaxy) it was a pain in the arse to even get the spare wheel out as you had to lower it using the wheel brace from inside the vehicle. Is that not the case with the Disco?

Just now, bickster said:

Last time I had a vehicle that stowed the spare underneath (an old shape Galaxy) it was a pain in the arse to even get the spare wheel out as you had to lower it using the wheel brace from inside the vehicle. Is that not the case with the Disco?

They have a nice winch mechanism on the inside of the boot that lowers it to the ground but the thieves don’t concern themselves with that, they just cut the cable with some bolt cutters from underneath and run off.

Just now, Genie said:

They have a nice winch mechanism on the inside of the boot that lowers it to the ground but the thieves don’t concern themselves with that, they just cut the cable with some bolt cutters from underneath and run off.

Sounds like a design fault then, there was absolutely no way to get bolt cutters underneath to cut the cable on a Galaxy, the top side of the tyre was flush against the chassis and from underneath there was a plate blocking access

19 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Coffee is a laxative .

It's a karmaccino.

I don't think she'd had one - I'm guessing she wanted to use the bog, without buying anything

The tweet says Starbucks, but reports say it was a Tim Hortons in BC

Items on the BBC news tonight: 

Roman Abramovich has experienced some delays in the renewal of his visa. 

Meghan Markle's wedding dress designer worked closely with her on the design. 

Some train timetables have changed. 

Clearly, nothing has happened in the world today. 

On 19/05/2018 at 16:32, Genie said:

Yeah this was a big thing when I was still there.

Didn't they have to send a communication round telling people not to park Discos in certain car parks at work because people were coming in every day and stealing spare wheels!

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah this was a big thing when I was still there.

Didn't they have to send a communication round telling people not to park Discos in certain car parks at work because people were coming in every day and stealing spare wheels!

Yes, this was at (Whitley) Coventry. Disco owners have their own area patrolled by security because of the locals thriving spare wheel business.

Many years ago I had a Vauxhall Cavalier, and somebody stole the exhaust pipe, from the street outside our house. It wasn't even a new exhaust. 

Does anyone else get spaz hands from time to time? As in, you think you're holding something pretty normally and all of a sudden you're juggling it around and it's on floor. 

Just done this with a jar of salt at work. Proper nobber.

• Like 2

Â