General Chat

Stevo985

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I'd struggle. We probably eat something vegetarian about once a fortnight, and I always think it's OK, but definitely lacking something essential. 

Well, I tried cabbage the other day for the first time, It's nice. 8, 9 year ago, I never touched veg, but now I have a plate full. 

10 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Well, I tried cabbage the other day for the first time, It's nice. 8, 9 year ago, I never touched veg, but now I have a plate full. 

Cabbage is best fast boiled in some chicken stock with thyme and bacon. ;)

Cabbage is great in salads, it's the main staple here. 

But it's improved with meat.

Bigos - usually fried/braised with apple, sausage meat, chunks of pork

bigos.jpg

Fried red cabbage with bacon and honey is the jam too

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

In my head, I absolutely love the McRib, but when I have them (only had about 2), they were shit.  But thinking about them is making me dribble. 

Weird innit. Mind over matter. 

Don’t think they do them anymore do they? 

Anyway, the Double XL with cheese & bacon from BK will always be the king of burgers. If I had to choose a maccies though I’d have a couple of cheeseburgers and fillet o’fish burger. The best thing they do though is a double egg & cheese McMuffin.

Edited by Ingram85

I've always hated cabbage but I had sauerkraut for the first time the other week and it was surprisingly nice.  The only problem is that you go in any restaurant in Germany and it stinks of the stuff.  I've tried the adding bacon thing to Brussels sprouts before but it just made the bacon taste like sprouts and tasted minging.

I'm generally not a big fan of brassicas - except sprouts. I bloody love sprouts. Even I think it's strange. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 2

I was a veggie for a while (about 15 years back) and found it easy. I must have stayed veggie for a year or two. 

I eat meat because I like it. However if I had to give it up again, i don't think it would be difficult

27 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I've always hated cabbage but I had sauerkraut for the first time the other week and it was surprisingly nice.  The only problem is that you go in any restaurant in Germany and it stinks of the stuff.  I've tried the adding bacon thing to Brussels sprouts before but it just made the bacon taste like sprouts and tasted minging.

cubed pancetta is far easier and tastes better

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Said it elsewhere but the Big Mac is the world's most overrated burger.

It's shit. GRand or not.

I don't think Big Macs are overrated, I think they're great.  It's not like they are advertised as being devastatingly amazing, they are just McDonald's signature. 

That said Quarter Pounder with Cheese is my goto at Maccies.  Every time I have a special I find myself wishing I had a quarter instead.  My occasional Big Mac for variety is the only thing which doesn't make me feel like that. 

However I think the whole Burger King "flame grilled" thing is definitely overrated.  

I instinctively miss trust anyone who thinks BK is better than Maccies. 

And do not even get me started on the abomination which is 5 guys. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

Â