General Chat

Stevo985

47 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Men older than 17 in 'pop charts are shit these days' shocker.

I don't know if its shit, I just don't recognise any if the names bar Rihanna and Bieber (who to be fair has had some decent songs)

I checked the charts from '77, there's some good stuff in there.

But who was Bo Kirkland? Tony Etoria? Alessi? Patsy Gallant?Maxine Nightingale?

But there was some top quality back in the olden times.

March 1977's top tunes included:

Manhattan Transfer

Showaddywaddy

David Soul

Mary Macgregor

Mr Big

Leo Sayer

The Rubettes

Brotherhood of Man

Cliff Richard

Marilyn McCoo

Julie Covington

We condense the 100 hundred faves from our lifetime and turn them in to a mythical past of brilliance.

I do the same with my top shags, but that's more of a top two.

Edited by chrisp65
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Gym Sunday. Is £55 a month reasonable for two people? Also got to pay £10 each for our keys for our own personal  locker. Either way watch this space. 

Completely depends on the gym.

If it's £55 a month for two people at a gym that has a pool and sauna and creche facilities and modern equipment etc then it's incredibly reasonable.

If it's somewhere like PureGym then no.

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Completely depends on the gym.

If it's £55 a month for two people at a gym that has a pool and sauna and creche facilities and modern equipment etc then it's incredibly reasonable.

If it's somewhere like PureGym then no.

It's got a pool and also badminton. It's modern tbf and there are other classes you can do. 

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

It's got a pool and also badminton. It's modern tbf and there are other classes you can do. 

Sounds pretty reasonable.

I pay £20 a month just for me and that's very cheap, imo. You won't get many gyms cheaper than that.

So £55 for two people sounds fine.

My son could of got me in a whole world of bother. He's an early riser and always has been, and usually he will come and grab my phone until my alarm goes off. He's obsessed with taking photos on the phone which is innocent enough. At work today I happened to look through my photos, and I noticed a couple of me and my missus stark bollock naked in bed with all on show. He had taken them at the weekend and I had a laugh about it. Then I noticed one he had taken of his willy whilst at the toilet. He had taken it so the photo was looking up at his willy and face. Yet again it's all innocent, but we've had a word with him about it. It's funny in a way, but in other ways it needs to be nipped in the bud. Like a lot of boys at his age he's fascinated with it and keeps pulling at it and all sorts. Can you just imagine if someone had looked at my phone or the police for whatever reason had noticed it. Little bugger him.

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 1

Kind of a bizarre story in the last week or so. Actor Mike Myers was spotted in a Great Barr pub having a pint. 

Austin Powers star Mike Myers enjoys a pint at a Birmingham pub

Austin Powers and Shrek star Mike Myers stunned film fans in the West Midlands this week when he stopped off at a pub in Great Barr for a pint.

The Canadian-American actor shook hands and drank with fans at the Cat & Fiddle pub, at around 4.20pm on Wednesday, July 5.

http://www.itv.com/news/central/2017-07-07/austin-powers-star-mike-myers-enjoys-a-pint-at-a-birmingham-pub/

One person at the pub commented :D

Bertha said she had to look the actor up on the internet, saying: "I wish it was Brad Pitt instead!"

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

Passed my second (third because I did a foundation year) year of uni today, holding a 78% average. :D

Swot.   ;)

• Like 1

With timing only a student could achieve, ‘we’ have got ourselves a part time job in Greggs, walking distance from the Uni. The only slight snag being of course that Uni has finished for the summer. But hey, it’s a job so don’t lose it …. We’ll organise transport back and fore to keep the job over the summer for the benefits it’ll bring through the following 10 months.

Turns out Greggs appear to be a fairly decent employer. Nearly £8.00 an hour (for a 19 year old starter!) and time and a bit on Sundays. So as a family we’re all now taking shifts commuting for one person that can't drive! I’m not getting petrol money, but I am getting lots of free rolls, cakes and coffee for driving up the M4 at 6:00am every **** Sunday.

When they start back in September / October it’ll be a good job. Decent enough pay, flexible hours, walking distance AND a hefty 50% friends and family discount to be distributed amongst the other flat sharers. Money and cheap food. Worth a few weeks of pain to keep that.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Money and cheap food. Worth a few weeks of pain to keep that.

Add diabetes to that if you keep having an iced bun with your sausage roll and cup of tea :)

• Like 1

I generally think that the whole who is paid what by the BBC thing is a complete non-story but how does some anonymous woman who happens to be on casualty earn more than Dr Who?

1 minute ago, choffer said:

I generally think that the whole who is paid what by the BBC thing is a complete non-story but how does some anonymous woman who happens to be on casualty earn more than Dr Who?

Do other TV channels do this? 

Â