General Chat

Stevo985

4 hours ago, DK82 said:

Anybody here have any knowledge on accounts / TAX?

I know a bit, but am baffled by something.

I took a part time job last year, and worked on a zero hour contract. I earned 5,201 something for the tax year from 2016 to now and I was taxed 617.40.

I started a new job with a salary on December 5th, after resigning the other job and because of the timeframe I had the wrong tax code at the new job but HMRC have confirmed that is being sorted. I'll be having that overpay on tax sorted and will be on non-cumulative from next pay.

I didn't work through November and took a month off unpaid from everything.

P/T job as of now have not sorted P45 or contacted HMRC, they are waiting for that.

That job today uploaded my final payslip and on it the net pay is 618.10 but deductions are -595.91, total earnings according to the slip are 22.19 of Holiday pay. Nothing has gone into my account as of today - but apparently the actual payday is Monday.

Total deductions are states Pay -617.40 (the tax overpay above) pension of a few £ and another item for old uniform orders owed.

Phoned work and they have no idea what the deductions are and it's worth noting that the new holiday year started on Jan 1st for them, my last holiday was October and I had worked hours to earn that time. 

I'm baffled. Any ideas? 

It looks like:

You're being paid £618.10.

I'm guessing this payslip is from your previous p/t employer? The (negative) deductions are your tax being refunded (£617.40) minus a few deductions that they obviously haven't put through before (totalling £21.49) = £595.91 and then you've been paid holiday pay of £22.19 which adds up to £618.10.

You do need to watch and make sure that the overpay is then not also refunded by mistake by your new (current) employer.

Edited by snowychap

Came downstairs as Mrs H was watching pointless 

read the questions said " Queen's Park " went into the kitchen to get a sandwich

came back just in time to see them win with Queens Park

spooky stuff 

some what blotted by copy book when I gave my reason which was I'd been out drinking around Victoria after a villa game in London and was very very drunk and had to get off the train to puke 

mrs H .." and that was the station you puked at "

me " no I was travelling on the victoria line ....Queen's Park was the station I woke up on at 3 am on a bench "  ... to this day I still have no recollection of how I got there :blush:

• Like 3

I seem to make a tit of myself more and more nowadays after a few drinks

I used to be ok and be a happy drunk. Now I seem hell bent on destruction when I drink and I end up (not intentionally) upsetting people I care about. It's happened 3 times is as many weeks. 

I don't know if its because I'm not happy in life at the minute and this manifests itself when I drink. Whereas before I was always quite content with life and was a cheeky chappie after a few beers. Now I'm a prick. 

I guess the answer is, don't drink! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

I guess the answer is, don't drink! 

Treating the symptom is an answer.

You've had a tough time health wise, but if you're unhappy about the stuff you can change? There may be different answers?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Xann said:

Treating the symptom is an answer.

You've had a tough time health wise, but if you're unhappy about the stuff you can change? There may be different answers?

You are right . There are things I can do to change what is making me unhappy. I just need to shake off my lethargy and do it

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Xela said:

You are right . There are things I can do to change what is making me unhappy. I just need to shake off my lethargy and do it

Same boat mate, though maybe not quite as unhappy as you are, no offence.

I was out last night and buzzed but didn't offend anyone as far as I know. Did dance rather raunchily with our gorgeous receptionist who is married though. She started it.

#humblebrag before anyone of you does it ;)

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

I'm very unpredictable when drinking. Tbf once I cross that line I can be a very bad drunk. In my teens and early 20s I was pretty violent although I have calmed down enough to not warrant worrying about it too much. Only a few weeks back over xmas I ruined what was a great night. 

On 15/01/2017 at 23:49, Stevo985 said:

I need to design a memorial card for my Dad's anniversary. I know what I want but I'm not savvy enough with photoshop etc to make it look anywhere close to professional.

Any VT designers fancy coming to my rescue? I'd happily pay, and I don't think it would be a big job at all.

Can I convince anyone? @Designer1 @sexbelowsound ??

I've designed something but it, well, it looks like I've done it rather than a professional. So I'd be looking for someone to take what I did and re do it with some semblance of competency!

• Like 1

Re: Dem's gambling mate a few pages back. Something vaguely similar happening with a friend of mine. 

Old mate, always regarded by our gang as one of the most financially comfortable and money-savvy among us - good career man. BUT married to an absolutely batshit crazy bunny boiler of a wife, who's never done a day's work, and always given him a hard time. There's been an on-off separation/divorce saga going on for years - although to speak to her, you'd think everything was sweetness and bliss. 

Anyway, yesterday, he emailed a mutual friend of ours saying he was in a bit of financial difficulty and wanting to borrow (get this) £150. We can't decide if this was a typo for a considerably larger amount. My other friend is rather bewildered (as am I), and a bit worried about this guy's state of mind. 

Strange one, and I can't imagine how it's going to pan out. 

On 28/01/2017 at 20:59, Xann said:

Need to do similar here. It's all too easy to get caught in a rut.

It turns into years just wasted.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD.

• Like 1

Â