General Chat

Stevo985

I used to think Muse were pretty good.

Their latest stuff though, especially the Olympic song, is really terrible, imo. Sounds like some sort of Queen Tribute Band, and not a good one.

AAAGGGHHHHH I DONT LIKE IT!!!!!!!!

I am not a fan of change it'll take a while to get used to this lol

Yeah, I'm still trying to get my head around it too. Might take a couple of days, but I'll get used to it. I think it's a bit of a shock, as it's not a gradual change, but something just totally new.

I used to think Muse were pretty good. Their latest stuff though, especially the Olympic song, is really terrible, imo. Sounds like some sort of Queen Tribute Band, and not a good one.

They've been going down the "Queen" route for a while, since Resistance i think. Its not great. :(

They've sounded like Queen since the second album. I prefer them sounding like Queen, it makes it much easier to dislike them than when they sounded like Radiohead. Utterly awful band.

to all leeds dwelling folk: which bits are nice to live in? I may very well be moving there - albeit not for another 10-11 months, so I'm trying to get an idea of it ahead of time. I'd pop up to visit in person but atm a train fare from cardiff would I suspect be rather daunting, will do that later on.

would be looking for reasonably close to the University ( not leeds met ) but not in student village areas if possible and would be looking for somewhere I could plonk myself down in for a good few years ( at least 3 ) - having spent the last 9 years moving every year more or less:/)

also: how does someone survive having their stomach removed? that news story about the poor lass with the cocktail with liquid nitrogen, unsettles me. I've read they just re connect two tubes, so i know technically how, but it's still amazing, that you can live normally enough, having lost a stomach. Always sounded like it would have been a rather fatal detachement. Science and surgeons ftw.

Advice needed as im an incompetent marketplace noob :(

Im selling an item that ive stuck on amazon, its just been ordered and i have just printed off the 'packing slip' and now what? Just take it down to the post office?

Is it a case of buying appropriate packaging, whacking the slip in with the item and sending it by recorded delivery to the address on the slip?

to all leeds dwelling folk: which bits are nice to live in? I may very well be moving there - albeit not for another 10-11 months, so I'm trying to get an idea of it ahead of time. I'd pop up to visit in person but atm a train fare from cardiff would I suspect be rather daunting, will do that later on.

would be looking for reasonably close to the University ( not leeds met ) but not in student village areas if possible and would be looking for somewhere I could plonk myself down in for a good few years ( at least 3 ) - having spent the last 9 years moving every year more or less:/)

Depends how close you want to be to the university, and how much you want to spend (buying or renting?)

The main student village area is Headingley, but if you carry on north through there on the Otley road, you come to more pleasant residential areas like Far Headingley, Adel, West Park, Cookridge. They can be on the pricey side, mind. Or, going west beyond Kirkstall, you've got Horsforth, which has a lot going for it. In a nutshell, check out estate agent websites for north and west Leeds, use Google Street View to get a feel for how the areas look. If you want specific details, I know all these areas quite well (I've lived here for 40 years!), so feel free to PM me.

also: how does someone survive having their stomach removed? that news story about the poor lass with the cocktail with liquid nitrogen, unsettles me. I've read they just re connect two tubes, so i know technically how, but it's still amazing, that you can live normally enough, having lost a stomach. Always sounded like it would have been a rather fatal detachement. Science and surgeons ftw.

Woman at work just had it done voluntarily in order to lose weight. The cruel gag in the office is that she had tried absolutely everything else, short of dieting and exercise. She's certainly lost weight, but I can't say she looks very well.
  • Like 1

Yeah, that's what I do, bung it in the packaging, and post it at the post-office. Doesn't have to be recorded delivery unless they've asked for it I think, im not sure, the P&P with Amazon probably covers it though.

and cheers Mike, will definitely give you a PM at some point, google street view is an excellent plan!

Cheers Rodders, if we still had the thumb smilie id use it, what the heck, ill type it out anyway :thumb:

Right I am off to the post office then to mingle with the old people.

Â