General Chat

Stevo985

there needs to be a way to regulate and ensure children are getting a healthy diet. i mean, it really isn't fair if (usually for financial reasons, sometimes due to laziness) they get fed crap food constantly when they can't really turn round and say 'i'm not eating this'. there should be like, regular check-ups to ensure they are given a fair chance to grow into a healthy adult. when you are old enough you can do whatever the **** you want, but kids should not be suffering in later life due to parents inabilty to raise them adequately.

The number of young children that go to McDonald's and the like on a very regular basis is crazy. When I was younger, getting fast food happened once every blue moon, and it was a huge treat. It's really a form of child abuse if you feed your kids nothing but rubbish, imo.

there needs to be a way to regulate and ensure children are getting a healthy diet. i mean, it really isn't fair if (usually for financial reasons, sometimes due to laziness) they get fed crap food constantly when they can't really turn round and say 'i'm not eating this'. there should be like, regular check-ups to ensure they are given a fair chance to grow into a healthy adult. when you are old enough you can do whatever the **** you want, but kids should not be suffering in later life due to parents inabilty to raise them adequately.

In my experience, it's the healthy food they say this to, not the crap!

My missus helps organise classes in cooking for young mums. That's not some chocolate luxury cake or seafood salad, that's how to boil an egg, cook pasta and even how to organise yourself sufficiently to produce beans on toast with a bit of grated cheese on top.

It really is that basic. There are a huge number of people out there that have managed to get to the point of being the head of a family without having picked up how to do beans on toast or budget for better than pizza.

_63215551_bin_man.jpg

Firefighters were called out to rescue a man whose head was stuck in a public litter bin in Aberdeen.

It is not yet known how the man got into the predicament, which happened on the city's Justice Street.

Emergency services were alerted to the man stuck with his head in the opening of the 4ft-high bin early on Sunday evening.

A spokesman for Grampian Fire and Rescue Service said the man was not injured.

He was taken to hospital for a check-up.

It's probably that kid who was caught shagging his sister

My missus helps organise classes in cooking for young mums. That's not some chocolate luxury cake or seafood salad, that's how to boil an egg, cook pasta and even how to organise yourself sufficiently to produce beans on toast with a bit of grated cheese on top.

It really is that basic. There are a huge number of people out there that have managed to get to the point of being the head of a family without having picked up how to do beans on toast or budget for better than pizza.

I met up with a friend of mine from school not so long ago.

So he's my age (26), granted he's not the head of a family yet, but he has not got a clue abot how to cook.

Like you say, he couldn't cook a bowl of pasta. He's honestly clueless. Really intelligent (we went to a grammar school, he got a first at uni and is now flying up the ladder at Accenture, so he's pretty bright) but just incapable of doing that stuff.

It was only when I spoke to his flatmate that I got the full story. Takeaways every night (literally). Never cooks. Won't eat what his flatmate offers him if he cooks.

If he wasn't allowed to order in food, he wouldn't know what to do.

Like you say, he couldn't cook a bowl of pasta. He's honestly clueless. Really intelligent (we went to a grammar school, he got a first at uni and is now flying up the ladder at Accenture, so he's pretty bright) but just iuncapable of doing that stuff.

Anyone is capable of cooking. It's just following instructions. He's unwilling, not incapable.

Well obviously.

The point is he's never done it so never learned even the most basic cooking processes.

If I said "cook me a bowl of pasta" he wouldn't know how to do it.

Well obviously.

The point is he's never done it so never learned even the most basic cooking processes.

If I said "cook me a bowl of pasta" he wouldn't know how to do it.

Like Simon said, the instructions are on the back of the packet.

Â