General Chat

Stevo985

I'm getting a new bookcase/DVD storage thing for my lounge soon and I'm irrationally looking forward to reorganising my collection. Think I'm going for alphabetical, by type.

Just wondering, and applicable to all not just stevo; do you/would you put films beginning with numbers (ie. 12 Monkeys, 13 Assassins, 300, etc) at the beginning or end of the alphabet?

OR would you put them in alphabetically based on the first letter of the number? This is probably the option for crazy people.

A very srs issu. Personally I opt for putting them at the end of the alphabet.

I'd go for the start, in numerical order (although off the top of my head I don't think i actually have any DVDs starting with a number)

I don't know where to put this......

Some absolutely disgusting, dirty **** has been shaving his pubes in the urinal at my office. I've just popped in for a piss, and the urinal and surrounding area looks like a **** barbers shop floor.

:puke:

I'm all for keeping that area neat and tidy, but who the **** does it at the office at 11.30 in the morning?!

Some absolutely disgusting, dirty **** has been shaving his pubes in the urinal at my office. I've just popped in for a piss, and the urinal and surrounding area looks like a **** barbers shop floor.

I'm all for keeping that area neat and tidy, but who the **** does it at the office at 11.30 in the morning?!

Immediate shortarm inspection in the office.

Get one of the women to do it.

Maybe someone was expecting a bit of lunch hour action?

Oh, that's nothing. In our office, one chap went to the bogs in the early afternoon a couple of years ago to be confronting by enourmous gobs of jizzum all over the mirror. Someone had literally stood on the side where the sinks are (3 sinks wide, so the mirror is quite large tbh) and wanked all over it. Shot his ejaculate left right and centre.

The culprit was never found out, nor came forward. The practice of masturbating has hence forth been known in the office as 'mirror decorating'.

Oh, that's nothing. In our office, one chap went to the bogs in the early afternoon a couple of years ago to be confronting by enourmous gobs of jizzum all over the mirror. Someone had literally stood on the side where the sinks are (3 sinks wide, so the mirror is quite large tbh) and squeezed the cheese all over it. Shot his ejaculate left right and centre.

The culprit was never found out, nor came forward. The practice of masturbating has hence forth been known in the office as 'mirror decorating'.

:crylaugh:

Good job you don't live in Yorkshire - "Slaithwaite", anyone?

iirc its something like Slewit

Yeah, Slewit/Slawit/Slowit depending on preference.

I was on a train that stopped at Slaithwaite. The guard was announcing the station as we approached. In his normal, homely, West Riding accent, he referred to it as "Slowit". Then, as an afterthought, he said "By the way, that's the place that Namby Pamby Pampered Southerners think is pronounced as" [exaggerated posh accent] "Slaythwayt". The whole of my carriage collapsed in fits of the giggles.

Link

after a 2 1/2 months my landlord is finally getting his arse in gear to give me his deposit. ex-landlord that is. Hooray, hopefully can pay rent at the end of the month \o/

in related note, trying to write cv's is a bitch. I've lucked out previously. Aside from bar jobs etc when your younger and all you have to do is turn up and I got hired, I've only had one proper job post education, ad I got that through an agency, and I was the only available candidate at the time. Have since failed an intervierw for crappy part time jobs, and now am trying desperately not to vomit as I try to sell myself. Its SO embarrassing. How do you people do it?

Were there ever days when a casual chat with someone would see them recognise that the fella in front of them isn't an idiot and would just hire him without this bullshit?

urgh. My first attempt to begin a brief 'profile' bit was just "I'm competent. Honestly, look I've got a degree. I'm not a clearing in the woods" i suspect that doesn't cut the mustard though.

in related note, trying to write cv's is a bitch. I've lucked out previously. Aside from bar jobs etc when your younger and all you have to do is turn up and I got hired, I've only had one proper job post education, ad I got that through an agency, and I was the only available candidate at the time. Have since failed an intervierw for crappy part time jobs, and now am trying desperately not to vomit as I try to sell myself. Its SO embarrassing. How do you people do it?

Were there ever days when a casual chat with someone would see them recognise that the fella in front of them isn't an idiot and would just hire him without this bullshit?

urgh. My first attempt to begin a brief 'profile' bit was just "I'm competent. Honestly, look I've got a degree. I'm not a clearing in the woods" i suspect that doesn't cut the mustard though.

It's not what you know, it's who you know. Still true, in fact probably even more so these days.

I suspect so, the added ballache being I know I am planning to go back to Uni to do the phD anyway, with luck from next year, so I face the added horror of having to be disingenous with my committment. Would rather front up, but can't risk any reason not to be hired, although I'm standing firm on the beard. number of hairs on ones face has bugger all to do with ones competency to work :rant:

A friend of mine used to interview candidates at his company (large turnover of staff).

His critera were:

1) Are they fit (women)

2) Can they play football (for the works team)

3) Do they support West Brom (I know...pffft!)

I overheard him interview a friend for a job there. There was only one question to the candidate (his friend)..."Do you want a sh*t job for w*nk money?" Apparently, he did!

Like MJM says, it's who you know (sometimes).

Â