General Chat

Stevo985

Got diagnosed with a tumour in my gullet this week. Inoperable because it has spread to my liver. Very rare at the age of 30. Only hope is to put it into remission through chemo otherwise nothing they can do. So a bit of a stressful week!!!!!

Thats not a good read. :( Here's hoping for a succesful chemo. Fingers crossed

Got diagnosed with a tumour in my gullet this week. Inoperable because it has spread to my liver. Very rare at the age of 30. Only hope is to put it into remission through chemo otherwise nothing they can do. So a bit of a stressful week!!!!!

:shock:

Fucksocks.

Best of luck and more.

Cheers chaps. Gone through a lot of horrible things this week, moped a bit but does no good. Gonna be as positive as possible and try to put this as far in remission as possible. Got meeting at Christies next week re chemo and it should start pretty quickly from there. So fingers crossed. This is a disease that is prevalant in 55 + year old smokers. I dont smoke or really drink. Hardest bit is trying to keep the family on an even keel. Cheers for support guys

**** dude. That's shite. Stay strong mate. Fight the **** its the only way.

:o

Mate, that's terrible. I hope your treatment is successful.

Best of luck with it!

Irreverentad - I reckon you got this, I'm not going to say good luck, or best wishes, because you'll be fine.

Give that shitty disease hell man.

Edit; How did you find out by the way?

Thanks to everyone for your support. It is really fantastic.

How I found out? Well went to a&e through shoulder pain and a little problem swallowing but nothing major.

They found it by doing an endoscopy (camera down the throat) and taking biopsies, blood test and a ct scan.

Doc pre warned me that it would be bad news the day before the full disclosure for me and family.

Irreverentad, keep fighting. My two good friends both suffer from cancer. At first, all seemed to be lost. Mike (my best friend) was diagnosed with testicular cancer before it passed to his blood and to his liver. He too thought that it was inoperable before he put up the fight. He has had intensive chemo at Hammersmith and is now in remission. He is getting stronger by the day and is now a rock to his girlfriend (who sadly still suffers from cancer but things are looking up). He is now getting married next summer to his lovely girlfriend and is slowly starting to enjoy life again.

Keep your chin up mate, be positive and above all, fight it. There will be light at the end of the tunnel.

Horrible news. Really hope things work out for you. Stay positive and take it one day at a time.

MacMillan are a good source of information and support for you and your family/friends.

Mike

Â