General Chat

Stevo985

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I actually don't know how it's possible to have even heard of that band without knowing that.  Literally everything I've seen or heard about them mentions the fact. 

I think they came on one of my Spotify playlists that they create for me based on my listening.

One of the lyrics was "laalalaaalaaa Bono is me Daaaaaaad" but I never took it seriously

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I just don’t understand how anyone could look at the menu at McDonald’s and choose the Big Mac. It’s inferior in every way to most of the other burgers 

I was thinking you're getting way to angry about this but then I remember that this is how I feel about mac n cheese.  Why anyone would scroll past the steak pies, roasts and pizzas and go for cheesy pasta is beyond me.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

I was thinking you're getting way to angry about this but then I remember that this is how I feel about mac n cheese.  Why anyone would scroll past the steak pies, roasts and pizzas and go for cheesy pasta is beyond me.

I'm with you on that, except the last time I went to a Hard Rock Cafe, I had it!

Mind you, 

the-fast-show-rowley-birkin.gif

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

I think even calling it a burger is a stretch.

That said, there is a time and place for them; specifically for me, waiting on a late train home from Waterloo after a jaunt into London.  With fries, 3-piece chicken select and barbecue sauce (the nice pot ones, not the shite sachets).  Always have mine plain with no cheese as well, just good ol' mostly-imitation bread and meat.  Washed down with a Dr Pepper from Smiths up the escalator and a double decker for afters.

I'm dying in my 50s, for sure.

Shame on you for going down that escalator when there is a superior Burger King at the forecourt level 

bacon double cheeseburger FTW

• Thanks 1

I probably only missed him be a few minutes.  I walked past The Grand at what must have been around the time he was photographed there looking at the lightning. 

He always comes across as a nice and likeable guy

A family's mission, which they chose to accept, led to an encounter with Hollywood royalty.

Tom Cruise, currently in the country filming the latest Mission: Impossible film, landed by helicopter in Alison Webb's Warwickshire garden.

The family had only been told an unnamed VIP needed somewhere to land as the nearby airport was shut.

Cruise posed for pictures and gave a free helicopter ride to Ms Webb's children and her partner's children.

The star is currently filming at Birmingham's Grand Central with co-star Hayley Atwell

"He went straight over to the children for a chat, then came over and elbow bumped us and said thank you very much.

"Then he said if the kids would like they could go up in the helicopter." 

The children were taken on a ride by the pilot, Ms Webb said, while Cruise attended a meeting.

Link

9 hours ago, troon_villan said:

Watched her in something recently, maybe Netflix.  She's absolutely tremendous but I had no idea she was Bono's daughter!  Also had no idea Bono's son was in Inhaler!  

Behind Her Eyes, maybe? She plays the psychiatrist’s wife? 

I know. Amazing they seem alright despite their Father being a absolutely weapon. 

• Like 1

Just watching 102 minutes that changed America about 911, think it's been on before. That scene where the women is watching the building and the second plane hits the building, Jeeez absolutely unreal, even watching it now, just unbelievable, unreal!

13 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

Behind Her Eyes, maybe? She plays the psychiatrist’s wife? 

I know. Amazing they seem alright despite their Father being a absolutely weapon. 

That's the one!  Watchable without being particularly great.  I thought she was babe-a-licious though.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Just watching 102 minutes that changed America about 911, think it's been on before. That scene where the women is watching the building and the second plane hits the building, Jeeez absolutely unreal, even watching it now, just unbelievable, unreal!

I’ve seen this documentary a few times, or rather some of it. This is the first time I’ve seen the bit that was on just where they go back and speak to those women 15 years later. I can’t recall ever seeing that before.

Because it’s essentially hand held camera footage of what people were seeing, I find it slightly strange that the producers don’t include the (admittedly limited) footage of the first plane.

24 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I've seen that before very powerful stuff.

I remember going to the 9/11 memorial for the first time.  Very emotional and heart wrenching.

Hard to fathom the 20 year anniversary is almost upon us.

Edited by Big Salad
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I’ve seen this documentary a few times, or rather some of it. This is the first time I’ve seen the bit that was on just where they go back and speak to those women 15 years later. I can’t recall ever seeing that before.

Because it’s essentially hand held camera footage of what people were seeing, I find it slightly strange that the producers don’t include the (admittedly limited) footage of the first plane.

It's all a bit ******* strange mate!

4 hours ago, theboyangel said:

I had a sausage and egg McMuffin the other day, the first in ages and I swear they’ve got a lot smaller (alternatively my hands have grown 😂

the breakfast menu is the only ‘palatable’ thing they do. 

Even the breakfasts are shite, how on earth do they manage to make bacon flavourless

• Like 1

Â