General Chat

Stevo985

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

All that "y'know", "knowarramean?", "innit", "I was like, he was like" stuff. 

A few weeks ago a woman at work was complaining about a colleague using "my bad" in an email.

She said "That's like, not even proper English".

I was too scared to point out the irony.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I think its best you never here me speak! 

I have a strange hybrid of half Nessa from Gavin and Stacey and half an impersonation of the person I’m talking to.

Yet I’m actually spectacularly intelligent.

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Way too much gin and wine last night. I away in my motorhome in the Cotswolds (Moreton in Marsh) and I know my wife will have plans to do stuff. I just want to sit and regret my actions from last night. 

• Like 1

I came back to work from my Christmas break on Friday and basically sat on my thumb all day because there was nothing to do. It looks like today is going to be the same. 

It's boring, the day drags and it's difficult trying to look busy, but if they're happy to pay me for doing diddly squat...

I spent Friday morning looking at holidays and spent the afternoon reading about the Berlin wall. Can anyone think of any other walls I can read about?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I came back to work from my Christmas break on Friday and basically sat on my thumb all day because there was nothing to do. It looks like today is going to be the same. 

It's boring, the day drags and it's difficult trying to look busy, but if they're happy to pay me for doing diddly squat...

I spent Friday morning looking at holidays and spent the afternoon reading about the Berlin wall. Can anyone think of any other walls I can read about?

You could watch Wolf of Wall Street.

But only if you’ve got a really big monitor and it faces where others can see it.

26 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

You could watch Wolf of Wall Street.

But only if you’ve got a really big monitor and it faces where others can see it.

Unfortunately the whole office can see my screens. I need something that could block their view, some kind of...wall.

Edited by Paddywhack

18 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Max Wall

Walls Sausages

The wall in Donnington Telford that had Boil Thatcher sprayed on it in the 80s

• Thanks 1

I’m in a similar situation, sat at work with not a lot to do. There’s a few people knocking about but nobody in my area. I had planned to watch the Villa highlights from our three game winning streak, but yeah, that’s not happening. 

On the wall theme, don’t wast your time watching Wall-E, it’s shite. Perhaps get on Google Maps and trace the Great Wall of China? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Read about serial killers. I've occupied an entire day at the office doing that before. 

And the cool thing is if anyone notices you're doing it instead of working they'll be too scared to tell you in case the reason you were doing it is was to look for tips

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Read about serial killers. I've occupied an entire day at the office doing that before. 

And the cool thing is if anyone notices you're doing it instead of working they'll be too scared to tell you in case the reason you were doing it is was to look for tips

I've done that and then felt really weird, sick and upset. Some wikipedia entries are very detailed aren't they?

Funnily enough I did read a fair bit about the murder of John Lennon yesterday.

41 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I've done that and then felt really weird, sick and upset. Some wikipedia entries are very detailed aren't they?

I've done it with mass shootings before as well. Really interesting in a horribly morbid kind of way

3 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I did some before I went to New York at the start of the month, went to strawberry fields on the anniversary of his death, was very weird 

I'd read some stuff before and watched the likes of the US vs John Lennon which is good but I listened to a podcast called Disgraceland which suggested it wasn't the catcher in the rye obsession or the bigger than jesus religion stuff, that was Chapman being mental, it was that it was becoming increasingly apparent to the public that lennon was a massive asshole, a deeply unhappy addicted to drugs and masturbating asshole and that Chapman was angry that he'd spent so much time idolising basically a rocket polisher 

That seems to be glossed over a bit more now, found it very interesting 

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I did some before I went to New York at the start of the month, went to strawberry fields on the anniversary of his death, was very weird 

Went there about 15 yrs ago just to sit on the benches, stare at the "imagine" stone plaque and contemplate stuff. What spoiled it for me was a pisspoor lennon lookalike busker, singing a few lines from a couple of Lennon's songs...that was bad enough but he was being encouraged by mug tourists who said he added to the JL experience maaan and overtipped him 🙄

For me, that imposter was the biggest rocket polisher of all.

• Like 1

Â