General Chat

Stevo985

Someone has come into the office today that looks like Mark Francois in a wig. And now I've noticed it I can't stop noticing it. I'm glad I don't have anything to do with her as I don't think I could possibly take her seriously...

• Haha 2

On 25/11/2019 at 09:36, KentVillan said:

Has anyone ever been on one of those week long bootcamp holidays? I've got a bit of free time before Christmas and fancy getting in shape before the New Year rush. Any suggestions which are actually fun and worth the money? Not after any new age / crossfit / triathlon / self help bollocks, just down to earth fitness, hiking, etc. and healthy food in a nice setting with normal people. Does this exist? Anywhere in Europe would be fine, but ideally UK.

Get those creative juices flowing and make your own itinerary.

You could go kayaking/canoeing (rowing is a great workout), throw in some hiking or jogging and a campsite with some people to mingle with.

Throw in some good old circuit training if you need to burn some energy, pushups, dips, crunches, leg raises, squats, calf raises, just simple body weight stuff.

8 hours ago, maqroll said:

Is it just me, or do Romalu Lukaku and Stormzy look just like each other?

It’s not just you because it caused a big furore a couple of years back when a paper printed an article about one but a picture of the other.

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

A woman bustles past. She's going to use the loo. She's given in, but you won't. Hmm... She's not opened the door. Ah ****, either some clearing in the woods is sitting in the loo because they're a word removed or its bust. ****. ****. ****. The woman bustles past, crossing her legs and hurries off at the next station. Mindfulness, focus on the breath, you're nearly in New Street, you feel dodgy but you always feel dodgy. It's not long to the station. Focus on the breath, the podcast, whatever.

Fortunately I've yet to be in a position that i've needed to use the bog on the train. Planes, yes, try not pooing for 12 hours when you have a bowel disease! I have however utilised the facilities at many train stations and the ones at New Street aren't too bad. Much better than before the redevelopment. 

I had a decent holiday a few decades back, a safari around Kenya.
We were out in the middle of nowhere and I needed a crap. We’d stopped at a clearing, not a surly local, an actual clearing in the bush and there was a toilet block. I remember thinking, that’s odd, how have they got a toilet block 100 miles from anywhere? Where does the drainage go? I distinctly remember thinking that as I was walking in there. Because it was 100 miles from anywhere there was no electric light but as my eyes were adjusting to the dark my nose was telling me that hunch I’d had about drainage, that was a good hunch.
In the toilet block it turned out it was actually just 4 walls and a roof, and inside a giant pyramid of shit. As tall as me. How were they getting it up there? It must have been someone’s job to pyramid the shit.
Five minutes later I was having a perfectly nice crap 50 metres down the road behind a bush. Quite the experience, shitting behind a leafless bush with 6 other people pretending not to notice. We'd pretty much all shat somewhere open and novel by the end of the trip, it was quite a bonding experience.
I imagine at some point an attendant came along, gathered up my deposit and gave it pride of place at the top of the poo pyramid in the toilet building.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Chindie said:

The parking attendant decides that today, at a train station, at the beginning of the commuter day, when there's just about to be a train pulling in, when I'm obviously a commuter, that now, is the time to let me know about the possibility of my cat being broken into. He's a nice man but, I need to get on a train, so I nod and say yes and yes in that typical British way of trying to politely get someone to shut up because I'm obviously in a rush.

Why would someone break into your cat? How did he know that you even had a cat? Was it a euphemism? Are you now worried for your cat or nether regions? How would you even break into a cat (that's probably for the ask BOF anything thread in fairness)?

I have so many unanswered questions

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Fortunately I've yet to be in a position that i've needed to use the bog on the train. Planes, yes, try not pooing for 12 hours when you have a bowel disease! I have however utilised the facilities at many train stations and the ones at New Street aren't too bad. Much better than before the redevelopment. 

Can't you get a commode fitted into your wheelchair?  Seriously though I'd rather have a shit on the train than at most stations I think.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Why would someone break into your cat? How did he know that you even had a cat? Was it a euphemism? Are you now worried for your cat or nether regions? How would you even break into a cat (that's probably for the ask BOF anything thread in fairness)?

I have so many unanswered questions

cat burglars

Manchester is very dull. The weather is shit I know but this place is depressing. Good job it's only overnight at a Premier before jetting off to somewhere warm. Not that I care if it's warm. I like the idea of free ale on tap all day 😁

21 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Get those creative juices flowing and make your own itinerary.

You could go kayaking/canoeing (rowing is a great workout), throw in some hiking or jogging and a campsite with some people to mingle with.

Throw in some good old circuit training if you need to burn some energy, pushups, dips, crunches, leg raises, squats, calf raises, just simple body weight stuff.

Its friggin winter here dude, he's more likely to die than get fit

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â