General Chat

Stevo985

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Wahey... so you remember I asked you guys weeks ago about energy companies well I went with Scottish Power and guess what they have only gone and done? Took over the wrong persons electricity! They took over the downstairs persons electricity so when i rang them up they told me they will cancel this but then they didn't realise they took over the correct gas and it was just the electricity! Therefore they have cancelled both and now they are investigating this colossal screw up.

What a shambles

They were the company responsible for (half) my custom title on here. They called me Natalie Bennett for ages even though every email I sent them told them that wasn't me, and they said they'd change it.

"Thank you for your email Ms Bennett"

**** OFF

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

They were the company responsible for (half) my custom title on here. They called me Natalie Bennett for ages even though every email I sent them told them that wasn't me, and they said they'd change it.

"Thank you for your email Ms Bennett"

**** OFF

:crylaugh:that's hilarious

All this time I thought you was a male poster Ms Bennett !

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

:crylaugh:that's hilarious

All this time I thought you was a male poster Ms Bennett !

Found the post

On ‎06‎/‎08‎/‎2015 at 15:44, Stevo985 said:

Scottish Power and their moronic customer support staff.

I've only been with them for 2 weeks and they've already annoyed me beyond belief.

I tried to enter my meter readings online but it didn't work. So it said I could email them in instead. So I did.

I got a reply saying "Thanks Miss Bennett for your meter readings for account number 879873983"

It wasn't my account number.

Easy mistake to make, should be very easy to correct. Wrong. I must have sent half a dozen emails now explaining that it's the wrong account number and name, can they just make sure they put my meter readings on the right account?

Most of the emails just say "Miss Bennett, I can confirm these details have been entered onto your account"

But calling me Miss Bennett surely means they're still doing it wrong?!

The one I received today says

"Miss Bennett

I can confirm that the name on your account is Miss Bennett"

**** OFF!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

That's not very lady like Nat,  we can call you Nat now though ? 

When I got a notification that you'd quoted me, I was sure it was going to say something like

"Dear Mr Karl Dilkington..."

:D 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

On the subject of wrong names, the solicitors who have been sorting my grandads estate have been sending mail in the name of the deceased being my step dad rather than my Grandad. 

That might cause genuine issues down the line.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

Thankfully not as we received the cheques last Friday.

The Limitations Act specifies that an injured party can claim within six years for financial matters. Get the solicitor to fix the paperwork; it's what you've paid them to do.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

When I got a notification that you'd quoted me, I was sure it was going to say something like

"Dear Mr Karl Dilkington..."

:D 

I don't know why the whole Karl Dilkington thing makes me laugh every time I hear it, but your Miss Bennett thing does to. I think because it reminds me of this...

tumblr_m8epwx5LMC1rqe1ii.png

"I am Mrs Nesbitt!"

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, limpid said:

The Limitations Act specifies that an injured party can claim within six years for financial matters. Get the solicitor to fix the paperwork; it's what you've paid them to do.

I've not actually seen it, it was sent to my mum and step dad as they are the executers but I think it was just a covering letter, any actual paper work has been in order and certainly for anything that i've received.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, limpid said:

Edit - completely misread this as about actual injury (in which case it's 3 years). Ignore.

Edited by Chindie
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, limpid said:

Yep, I don't know the details but this very same thing happened to my mom when her Dad passed away. The check said the deceased's name when it should have said something like "the family of..." Or whatever.

2 minutes ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

We took our dog to meet an elderly couple today to see if they'd look after him while we go on holiday, all done through a boarding website. I went out into their garden with the guy so the dog could have a wee because he was excited and was chatting to him about how nice his garden was. Just as he's telling me about his koi fish in the pond and the electric fence they put round it to stop heron getting the fish, our dog dive bombs head first into their pond. As he's trying to pull himself out he kept shocking himself on the fence, eventually pulling it all down and bouncing round their garden. 

Absolutely mortified and tried desperately not to laugh. Thankfully we'd bought cream cakes which were compensation for what shall now be known as 'the incident'. 

Dogs are so stupid at times. A cat would never do that :)

• Like 1

Hey guys, the missus has started doing caligraphy and wants to start doing things like b'day cards, mugs, that sort of thing. She asked me to get an 'opinion from a stranger' as obviously I'm biased and her friends are biased.

53vbs5.jpg

She wants to do it as a hobby as she enjoys it, then try and make a bit of money on the side with small things.

25 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Hey guys, the missus has started doing caligraphy and wants to start doing things like b'day cards, mugs, that sort of thing. She asked me to get an 'opinion from a stranger' as obviously I'm biased and her friends are biased.

53vbs5.jpg

She wants to do it as a hobby as she enjoys it, then try and make a bit of money on the side with small things.

Admittedly on viewed on a phone, but I thought the typeface/font/whatever you call it is not ideal on some of the words. The sideways 'penicillin', the 'wine' and the 'happy' don't really stand out. Pehaps they should be in a different colour? Nice idea otherwise. 

Â