PL: Everton a Ratings and Reactions 2009/10/31

limpid

Summary

2) Will our results stay the same with the dire attacking approach or will the results turn into what happened last season when we didn't win for 15 games or so?

I don't share your analysis of the team or the manager but what really makes me pissed off is this kind of thing. Why would any fan deliberately inflate bad news ?

If you include our defeat against Everton in the Cup our worst run was actually 12 games without a win. Poor, I agree, but not 15 ffs !!

(And not dissimilar to Everton who had an 8 game run near the start of the season without a win)

Martin O'Neill - 4

When Biliyaletdinov was red-carded, the clock was ticking and Petrov was out of the pitch, unable to tell if he was seriously hurt or not, unable to tell if he was going to be have to subbed - MON SHOULD have stepped up and just subbed him with an attacking player. I will never forgive him for that huge error.

Bwahahahahaha!

:crylaugh:

i'm afraid that's it for you MON. You didn't make an immediate sub with 3 minutes to go, and for that, you can NEVER be forgiven.

It's tough being a football manager, ain't it? :lol:

Dude, I wasn't as serious as it might came out to be. However, I was pissed at the time when MON didn't just whistle on Delph or Reo-Coker just like that. 2 minutes left on the clock, one more guy on the pitch (well, in theory), free-kick in a dangerous position and a jaded Everton-side. We should have made the most of it with the remaining 2+extra time. We didn't, let Petrov feel his way onto the pitch, only for Cuellar to get a red card and Petrov to be subbed, using more time in the injury time. Stupid stuff don't you agree?

We...let Petrov feel his way onto the pitch, only for Cuellar to get a red card and Petrov to be subbed, using more time in the injury time. Stupid stuff don't you agree?
I don't agree, no. It wasn't "stupid". Apart from the referee being required to add time on for stoppages, whenever they occur, including during those 4 minutes of time already added on, the manager can't have known Cuellar would get an (unjustified) sending off, or that Petrov would be unable to continue. Being unable to predict the future is not stupididty.