PL: West Ham a Match Thread 2009/11/04 19:45

limpid

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note to self, must remember to predict a win before every game we play from now on, regardless of what I feel may happen

why do you think we'll lose this one Richard?

the loss of milly and/or stan?

West Ham being too good?

other reasons?

Jon, I probably have no basis in scientific fact for determining that we will lose, just gut feeling. We aren't playing that well, Wet Spam seem to be having their fair share of bad luck, we have performed particularly badly against the teams lower down the league this season, we seem to blow every chance we get to move into the top four, it feels like so many times in the past when a victory should be achievable only for us to lose.

I guess what I am saying is , just as I predicted a win against Plop based on nothing more than a feeling, I am basing my prediction of a defeat here on the same.

I have been right before, and I have been wrong before (many times!) but it's my opinion.

I wonder if someone who predicts a win gets as much feedback and questionning?

Jon, I probably have no basis in scientific fact for determining that we will lose, just gut feeling. We aren't playing that well, Wet Spam seem to be having their fair share of bad luck, we have performed particularly badly against the teams lower down the league this season, we seem to blow every chance we get to move into the top four, it feels like so many times in the past when a victory should be achievable only for us to lose.

I guess what I am saying is , just as I predicted a win against Plop based on nothing more than a feeling, I am basing my prediction of a defeat here on the same.

I have been right before, and I have been wrong before (many times!) but it's my opinion.

I wonder if someone who predicts a win gets as much feedback and questionning?

You had ONE person (TrentVilla) suggest you have this opinion fairly often and ONE person ask you why you thought we would lose, then you seem to have gone all high and mighty.

Laughable.

Hype?? what the hell??

Got to go 4-5-1 for this one. Whenever we have had 5 in midfield this season we have stopped our opposition playing. It also seems to suit our midfiled well and allows for Ashley Young to get forward abit more. The last few games with 2 up front we havtn played well atall and certainly havnt had a grip on any of those games so it needs to change.

I think we'll put three in midfield and play Ash Young floating/roaming behind a front two of Carew and Gabby - which could also revert to a 4-5-1 with Gabby out wide.

...............Friedel

Young.Dunne.Collins.Warnock (what a back 4!)

.....NRC.Petrov.Sidwell

.................Young

...........Gabby....Carew

also able to:

.........NRC.Petrov.Sidwell

Gabby...........................Young

..................Carew

NRC should play in this as he'll definately want to score points against the Shammers!

Just a hunch, but i think this will be a very exciting game, West Ham can be a skillful side at home, equally Villa if they put there mind to it can be just as lethal, so it could be a real cracker with a good few goals.

I would go with Young. Dunne. Collins. at the back, so we come to who's at LB, is there any way we could bring in another player at LB, Shorey maybe, bringing Warnock into the midfield ( left side) Reo Coker Petrov and Sidwell into midfield, i seriously would throw both Ash and Gabby up front, Speed and Power and tricky skill, both direct, obviously we have no stated winger but we do have a very solid midfield, we know we have a solid defence and it would be really interesting to see how Gabby and Ash form up as a duo up front, also this would be the last thing Wet Spam would be expecting!!!!Villa with no wingers, the very thought.

Pure conjecture of course.

i am looking forward to seeing collins v cole, could be a right bruising battle, with whoever comes out on top probably being on the winning side i would think.

would be good to see malachite - not sure it will happen, but then again stranger things have happened - milner playing up front in the cup last year for example.

rjshare: Get the impression Cole is not just doing it for his manager he desperately wants a world cup place, the battle between him and Collins will be one to watch.

Always feel there is a kind of rivalry with The Villa v Hammers games could be down to who claims the colours this day thingy, looking forward to this one.

I'm a bit nervous about this one, not feeling overly confident. They can keep the ball and in Cole they've got some ability. If they can move Dunne and Collins about then they'll score goals.

However, I think if we can pin them back we might be able to stop them creating anything.

I'd actually consider a 4-3-3 if we're struggling in the middle with Gabby, Carew and Heskey all starting. I'm pretty sure it won't happen, but I reckon it could work.

Very strange side West Ham, just don't know whats going to turn up, they are capable of playing a long run of crappy football no wins and then turn in a remarkable win v a top side, like a couple of seasons ago when they just about stayed up, last game of the season v Manchester Utd, Hammers have been rubbish for the whole season, Manchester Utd have been outstanding, a few mins before the end of the game Tevez scores the winning goal in a deserved victory that kept them up.

I think this will be a tough game and I think West Ham might just nick a win. I hope Luke young plays as I love him and think he deserves a chance to get back into the team after his brilliant season last season.

I'm not going to try and predict the team because it will almost certainly be very wrong, but would love to see Delph get a game.

They are shitting themselves about the pace of our side over on kumb. They seem to think we're still short on numbers though and will play NRC at RB!!! Is L Young fit yet? Either way it's him or Beye at RB and i would think the end of Cuellar at RB. How Cole even starts for them after the shite season he had with us shows their lack of quality.

Heskey is obviously not going to start after his performance or lack of at Everton.

No way Friedel is ever going to get dropped in favour of Guzan unless he's suspended or injured. Not that i think that Guzan won't do a job as he's performed admirably when called upon.

I'd go 4-5-1 for this as i believe we should always play this way on our travels.

Friedel

Young/Beye

Dunne

Collins

Warnock

Petrov

NRC

Delph

Young

Albrighton

Agbonlahor

Lets face it - we should and must win this.

I've just read MON's article where he says "tough game, hard place to go" etc.etc. - which he obviously has to say in public.

However, behind the scenes he should be saying "This lot are second from bottom and have only got one point since the opening day of the season - go out there and destroy them.

I'm sure if Chelsea were playing West ham tomorrow night, they wouldn't be worried - and if we want to get to that position - we shouldn't either.

What I want - 3-0 to Villa or more

What I think (and will be happy with) 1-0 to Villa

Anything else and it's a huge huge disappointment.

was out with a couple of West Ham mates on sat night

they werebemoaning the original game being called off as their logic is that they won their first game and we lost ours and therefore they would have beaten us and 2 wins out of 2 means that confidence would have been high and they would have carried on and now be 300 points clear at the top of the league

..and won the world cup in 2012 at the same time

or something very close to that

West Ham fans hey .. got to love them