LC: Sunderland A 2009/10/27 Reactions and Ratings

LancsVillan

Great result - well done Guzan! Starting to think we have the best #2 in the league.

Only slight downer is probably could have done without Milner, Gabby, Young, Petrov all playing 120 mins. But Everton are quite depleted at the minute so should be going into that game with confidence.

Here's hoping for Blackburn/Portsmouth at home in the quarters :)

1 SHOT ON TARGET THE ENTIRE MATCH INCLUDING EXTRA TIME

NOT GOOD ENOUGH the only players who deserve credit in the entire side are Guzan and our defenders

Our players need to start taking more shots on goal and stop relying on set pieces so much

1 SHOT ON TARGET THE ENTIRE MATCH INCLUDING EXTRA TIME

NOT GOOD ENOUGH the only players who deserve credit in the entire side are Guzan and our defenders

Our players need to start taking more shots on goal and stop relying on set pieces so much

Give them credit then rather than cry like a baby.

Only listened on the radio but it did sound like another poor performance from the front six. Sounds like they were set up poorly though by MON, certainly for the first half, with Jimmy pushed inside and Gab out wide.

I think Gabby is the only one of our strikers, except maybe the Fonz, who can play up top on his own. Heskey needs a second striker playing off him.

Would have liked to have seen Delph come on for a striker and make it 4-5-1. Give him a chance for a bit of marauding. Not sure either of the big men are adding a lot at the minute.

Congrats to Guzan and the two CBs.

Only listened on the radio but it did sound like another poor performance from the front six. Sounds like they were set up poorly though by MON, certainly for the first half, with Jimmy pushed inside and Gab out wide.

I think Gabby is the only one of our strikers, except maybe the Fonz, who can play up top on his own. Heskey needs a second striker playing off him.

Would have liked to have seen Delph come on for a striker and make it 4-5-1. Give him a chance for a bit of marauding. Not sure either of the big men are adding a lot at the minute.

"barry's boots" blames it all on MON.

There's a shock.

Steve Bruce on SSN report is priceless,

INTERVIEWER: 'Steve, two sides side by side in the Premier League and very little to choose between them on the night.'

BRUCE: 'Well I thought there was something to choose from, I thought we were the better team.'

Delivered with such bitterness its untrue! It'll be on again in about an hour, definitely worth a watch!

Perhaps that's what he was trying to do by pushing Milner in behind Heskey? Play someone off him, like Rooney does for England :?

Steve Bruce on SSN report is priceless,

INTERVIEWER: 'Steve, two sides side by side in the Premier League and very little to choose between them on the night.'

BRUCE: 'Well I thought there was something to choose from, I thought we were the better team.'

Delivered with such bitterness its untrue! It'll be on again in about an hour, definitely worth a watch!

Yeah I saw that too.

**** you fistface, you're a word removed, and a bitter one at that.

Guzan, Collins and Dunne are so good that tonight the rest of the team took time out to watch them for a couple of hours.

I hope we don't hear more from Petrov's strop and I hope that penalty will help spark Ashley up, I think this sort of win will give the players a bit of a lift and against a difficult but out of sorts Everton I think the momentum will help, I think we desperately need to improve our midfield play and for me that means we need to go back to 4-5-1.

Of course, if the three in the middle of the defence keep this up, it'll barely matter. We can win any game 1-0.

A bad performance, a great ending, a new hero, a good night and a boost for our season.

That's just about as good as bad gets.

Aren't you usually complaining that MON isn't flexible and won't try different things?

Or are you just annoyed that he won't do the things that you want?