LC: Sunderland A 2009/10/27 Reactions and Ratings

LancsVillan

i can only rate 1 person having only heard the match on the radio.

Brad Guzan = 10/10.

the rest of the match might have been good, might have been poor, i don't care... as we are in the next round which was the aim of the night.

as far as i am aware we didnt get a shot on target - in 2 hours of play!

We had 2 shots on target, Gabby 1 on 1 (or something) vs Gordon that was saved and Milner got one at some point too.

* Final Result

* 124:30 GOAL - Ashley Young:Sunderland 1 - 4 Aston Villa Ashley Young scores a penalty. Sunderland 1-4 Aston Villa on penalties.

* Correction - 123:54 Penalty taken by Jordan Henderson is saved by Bradley Guzan.

* 123:54 Bradley Guzan makes a save.

* 123:19 Placed penalty taken by Gabriel Agbonlahor saved by Craig Gordon.

* 122:44 GOAL - Steed Malbranque:Sunderland 1 - 2 Aston Villa Steed Malbranque scores a penalty. Sunderland 1-2 Aston Villa on penalties.

* 122:15 GOAL - James Collins:Sunderland 0 - 2 Aston Villa James Collins scores a penalty. Sunderland 0-2 Aston Villa on penalties.

* 121:42 Placed penalty taken by Lorik Cana saved by Bradley Guzan.

* 120:48 GOAL - John Carew:Sunderland 0 - 1 Aston Villa John Carew scores a penalty. Sunderland 0-1 Aston Villa on pen

The text commentator got so accustomed to Guzan saving penalties that they just nonchalantly wrote, Brad Guzan makes a save.

Hahahaha, Villa legend , and future AMERICAN KEEPER!

as far as i am aware we didnt get a shot on target - in 2 hours of play!

We had 2 shots on target, Gabby 1 on 1 (or something) vs Gordon that was saved and Milner got one at some point too.

kinell - thats a positive bombardment by our standards

Well pretty hard to give ratings after only listening to the radio commentary but tonight sounded like a familiar old story. Almost as frustrating to listen to as to watch. Great performance by our defensive unit, Milner was industrious as always but without too much end product, Young stuck in a couple of decent balls, Heskey and Carew fairly anonymous, Gabby did a lot of running. None of the midfield really seemed to gell, whatever combination we played, and obviously the highlight of the night being an outstanding performance by Guzan. He was absolutely fabulous.

Funny how we were banging in the goals last season but couldn't stop leaking them, this season it's the other way around. Why has our outfield play deteriorated so badly? Can't say i'm looking forward to the next two games, both Everton and West Ham are pretty good on the ball and it's going to be another couple of backs to the wall performances.