Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK take one part of the sentence and just ignore the rest....Nice.

So tell me if King isnt the best of his generation, tell me where the weekeness in his game lies? Pace? Heading? Tackling?

Or maybe you just havent seen him that often so you dont have a clue:

Best of his generation? Okay, surely you must understand what we mean when we say Spurs fans massively over-rate their players.

Individual attributes mean nothing really, it's performances that matter and his are certainly over-rated. For example, what do you think of his attempted 'tackle' on Fabregas for their 2nd goal against you? If somebody in my 6-a-side team did that I'd **** have a right go, forget a Premier League footballer.

Nobody has seen enough of King to have a clue, he has only made 30+ Premier League starts in a season 2 imes in 12 years.

Ashley Young made a last ditch tackle against PJS when we played United last year. I'm telling ya, that lads the best defender of his generation.

OK then, you clearly dont have a clue about football.

Why despite the lack of games have successive England manager (including Capello) insisted on including him, even playing him as holding midfielder despite his knee and at the expense of a fit Jamie Carragher.

Cant wait for this.

I clearly know nothing about football? :lol:

..says the person who thinks King is great because he was picked ahead of a retired International footballer. :crylaugh:

Wes Brown has also had a lack of games lately due to a run of injuries but has been picked by successive England managers. Best of a generation that lad, no question.

I notice you managed to dodge my 2 questions though. If he's so great at everything, what on Earth was he doing for Arsenals 2nd goal. Could you also name the better defenders in the league than King (Or did you just not answer because you feel there is no-one?)

You asked this part of the question:

"England manager (including Capello) "

Including Capello... Next?

Anyway, if hes that good - why doesnt he get picked regularly at his own position?

Because he cannot relied upon to be fit for any length of time. No reflection on his talent.

He is quicker and more composed coming out of defence than Terry and he is better in the air and a better tackler than Rio.

OK take one part of the sentence and just ignore the rest....Nice.

So tell me if King isnt the best of his generation, tell me where the weekeness in his game lies? Pace? Heading? Tackling?

Or maybe you just havent seen him that often so you dont have a clue:

Best of his generation? Okay, surely you must understand what we mean when we say Spurs fans massively over-rate their players.

Individual attributes mean nothing really, it's performances that matter and his are certainly over-rated. For example, what do you think of his attempted 'tackle' on Fabregas for their 2nd goal against you? If somebody in my 6-a-side team did that I'd **** have a right go, forget a Premier League footballer.

Nobody has seen enough of King to have a clue, he has only made 30+ Premier League starts in a season 2 imes in 12 years.

Ashley Young made a last ditch tackle against PJS when we played United last year. I'm telling ya, that lads the best defender of his generation.

OK then, you clearly dont have a clue about football.

Why despite the lack of games have successive England manager (including Capello) insisted on including him, even playing him as holding midfielder despite his knee and at the expense of a fit Jamie Carragher.

Cant wait for this.

I clearly know nothing about football? :lol:

..says the person who thinks King is great because he was picked ahead of a retired International footballer. :crylaugh:

Wes Brown has also had a lack of games lately due to a run of injuries but has been picked by successive England managers. Best of a generation that lad, no question.

Carragher retired because king was picked ahead of him when Rio was injured. You clearly dont know your onions mate.

Wes Brwon has been picked because unlike CBs we have been desperatly short of a decent RB in the absence of Neville.

Honestly you are not doing Villa fans any favours pal.

Lets put this in context

If every English centre half was fit and playing regularly, and they were taking 5 to South Africa, it would be

Terry (certain)

Ferdinand (certain)

Woodgate (certain)

Upson (certain)

.... possibly King? Not certain though. Definately not. Brown would probably be considered in the same breath - maybe King would go as he'd be playing more club games in that situation, but then think about Micah Richards - he's a possibility as well... it would be a choice to be made but he certainly wouldnt be going as first choice - like John Terry would. Which, if he was the best defender of his generation, then he'd be going in a flash.

Then consider the foreign imports to this league and you'll soon see he's not in the top 10 defenders (when fit and playing) in this division.

Thanks for stopping by - maybe go and get GlastonSpur to throw some percentages our way like he usually does to prove Ledley King not only is the best player since Pele, but also that he has an un-nervingly large penis.

Carragher retired because king was picked ahead of him when Rio was injured. You clearly dont know your onions mate.

Wes Brwon has been picked because unlike CBs we have been desperatly short of a decent RB in the absence of Neville.

Honestly you are not doing Villa fans any favours pal.

I think your first sentence says it all. King only gets into the side, when? When players are injured. Still best of a generation though.

Because of his versatility, aye. Wes Brown is a CB by trade, but because of what Capello sees in him he feels he can play RB. Considering what you say about King having all the right tools for a top defender, the best of his generation I may add, it doesn't seem like he can get in the side often enough.

And you're not doing Spurs fans any favours. You talk about me not knowing anything about football. But I'm not the one talking about a player he misses an average of 12 or so games a season, who's only made 20 international appearances being one of the best defenders in the league and the best of a generation. :lol:

You found that oh so short list of defenders yet?

You asked this part of the question:

"England manager (including Capello) "

Including Capello... Next?

Anyway, if hes that good - why doesnt he get picked regularly at his own position?

Because he cannot relied upon to be fit for any length of time. No reflection on his talent.

He is quicker and more composed coming out of defence than Terry and he is better in the air and a better tackler than Rio.

Positionally hes dire. Thats why he doesnt play at the back at international level mate. Dont kid yourself - they've tried shoe-horning him in because hes an athlete. The same as they did for Heskey on the left wing, Richards on the right wing.

Englands attitude for years before Capello was 'if we dont have a natural player for that position, we'll put in an athlete'

6'4, fast, aggressive - thats why he's there, not because he can play a killer pass.

Same as Heskey was left wing, same as Richards was right wing.

Do you want the same or are you going to keep spouting opinion? Carragher retired because he played sometimes and then didnt when first choices were fit despite them not having games for club beforehand - they were just picked over him - King wasn't one of these - if you heard the rant he made on TalkSport when he phoned them up because they called him a coward you'd know it, mate.

Now get over it, King is **** all.

As for Upson, if you rate him above a fit King there is no hope for you at all.

Capello obviously disagrees with you.

it's quite laughable that you think some above average defender is the best of a generation, it really is a priceless comment.

Micha Richards??? When was the last time you watched MOTD? 2007?

As for Upson, if you rate him above a fit King there is no hope for you at all.

Micah Richards has everything King has mate.

Big, fast, can head the ball.

**** clueless when positional sense is required, though.

So why did Capello call up King?

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/03/27/1178629/fabio-capello-defends-selecting-ledley-king-for-england

Mate, sorry but either you dont watch a lot of football or you have a memory like a sieve.

Err... mate, I have to ask you something, are you for real? :lol:

There were 6 centre backs called up for that game, yes 6. That's right. And what did I say? Capello thinks Upson is better than King. Who else is in the squad? Upson? So I really fail to see how you feel you're justifying your point here? :crylaugh:

Well done to Ledley King, he was selecting as a 6th choice CB, and then dropped from the squad, for meaningless games. I think somebody else needs the memory check here.

If the Spurs fan comes back with 'he was left out because he was injured' - can we laugh him out of here like an Irish appeal at a FIFA meeting?

:lol:

I don't think he quite understands how the England squad works to be honest. King was called up for meaningless games? So what? 3 Villa defenders have been called up by Capello since he took over. I think that means Luke Young, Stephen Warnock and Curtis Davies are all super-mega-awesome defenders.

So why did Capello call up King?

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/03/27/1178629/fabio-capello-defends-selecting-ledley-king-for-england

Mate, sorry but either you dont watch a lot of football or you have a memory like a sieve.

Err... mate, I have to ask you something, are you for real? :lol:

There were 6 centre backs called up for that game, yes 6. That's right. And what did I say? Capello thinks Upson is better than King. Who else is in the squad? Upson? So I really fail to see how you feel you're justifying your point here? :crylaugh:

Well done to Ledley King, he was selecting as a 6th choice CB, and then dropped from the squad, for meaningless games. I think somebody else needs the memory check here.

You must be on the wind up surely. Capello called up King and got his boys to assess the injury. He has realised there is no point in including Ledley because of the injury hence upsons inclusion:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1226116/England-boss-Fabio-Capello-rules-Ledley-King-return-leaves-Rio-Ferdinand-David-James-sweating.html

honestly mate, keep setting them up and I'll keep knocking them down.

You must be on the wind up surely. Capello called up King and got his boys to assess the injury. He has realised there is no point in including Ledley because of the injury hence upsons inclusion:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1226116/England-boss-Fabio-Capello-rules-Ledley-King-return-leaves-Rio-Ferdinand-David-James-sweating.html

honestly mate, keep setting them up and I'll keep knocking them down.

Upson has been starting competitive England games for England under Capello due to Ferdinands injuries this season and you say he's only called up because of lack of fitness to King? You really don't have a clue do you. Could you explain to me then, why in a squad of 6 central defenders, that if Upson was only added due to Kings injury (which is a completely false claim, by the way) that he has regularly been selected above every other CB in England (aside from Terry/Rio obviously) under Capello?

We knew you'd come back with the injury thing, see above.

As you said, you keep setting them up, we'll keep knocking them down.

So why did he keep injured players in there, yet send King home?

Keep 'knocking them down' ;) if thats how you believe

Point out one TRUE FACT that paints McGrath as equal, or inferior, a player to King. Please.

Not your opinion, or what theyve done to Spurs' results - but as an individual player, post a fact.

Here's the mcgrath fact - voted PFA Player of the Year as a centre half for a non title winning side.

The first EVER centre half to win the award.

Now, what can you say about King?

if Upson was only added due to Kings injury (which is a completely false claim, by the way) that he has regularly been selected above every other CB in England (aside from Terry/Rio obviously) under Capello?

Because Capello rates him as the best fit alternative? I would have thought that was obvious.

Point out one TRUE FACT that paints McGrath as equal, or inferior, a player to King. Please.

When did I say that? Please. You keep coming back to it. When did I say that?

I said there isnt a gulf in class that some would suggest.

Jeez what a bunch of m0ngs

Â