Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im sick of these **** bowl stadium's,dont get me wrong this one looks nice and all,but for me i hate sitting in them..for the simple reason that there is never one main stand like the Holte Kop etc,i think the stadium that liverpoo where going to build was the best idea i have seen so far..

The only thing I like bout the new Everton stadium plans are that it's not like every new stadium...

One thing they got right :x

where is the funds coming from for that??..

Tesco and other partners/Selling of Goodison/Selling of Old Training Ground/Selling the naming of the Ground/Kirkby Redevelopment and Council type thing - supposedly.

Noone knows really though :?

oh yeah the one in Kirkby,i forgot about that..my liverpoo supporting mate was flipping,saying you's were getting help from the local council..

Nah - first time I've really heard. I've heard about possibly Everton and Liverpool having a 'shared' stadium a few times, but it doesn't seem like that's going to happen anymore.

Why is it also taking Everton so long to get a new owner with lots of money? I am really surprised Bill Kenwright hasn't sold up yet to an American or Arab billionair. Still... it could of been worse, you could've had Carson Yeung. :lol:

Nah - first time I've really heard. I've heard about possibly Everton and Liverpool having a 'shared' stadium a few times, but it doesn't seem like that's going to happen anymore.

Why is it also taking Everton so long to get a new owner with lots of money? I am really surprised Bill Kenwright hasn't sold up yet to an American or Arab billionair. Still... it could of been worse, you could've had Carson Yeung. :lol:

Carson will turn out to be a great for villa fans :lol:

Does moving out of Liverpool bother you?

It's more than that, it just doesn't feel right.

That's part of it, uprooting and leaving OUR city. It's partly to do with how Everton have handled it, constantly lying to the fans, signing exclusivity agreements so that no other avenues could be looked down should this fail, the transport plans are a JOKE, the ballot that was done had a large minority not in favour of it (and I know many people who weren't entitled to vote, or didn't recieve a paper and stuff like that) and I don't want our new ground to be a concrete block at the back of a retail park at a rather inaccessible location.

Most of the points can be found here though KEIOC

Everton already know that at least 40% of their fanbase are against this relocation.

Everton’s business plan for the new stadium is heavily reliant on increasing the average attendance level to 47,000, yet they have failed to survey their supporters on their views now that the truth is known about the stadium being only mid-range at best, the emergence of significant concerns over the transport plans and confirmation that the move will fail to generate £10M per season for the manager as promised by Keith Wyness (8).

Everton cannot demonstrate a need for a 50,000-seat stadium in Kirkby; last season Everton’s average attendance was 37,000 (9) and, unlike those clubs considering relocation or having relocated, Everton does not have a season ticket waiting list. That LFC and Spurs can demonstrate substantial waiting lists would appear to indicate that they would easily fill their proposed stadia. (10)

Information provided by Deloitte (9) appears to indicate that the vast majority of new stadia are ill conceived and fail to live up to expectations

chart-seats.gif

The transport plan is fraught with difficulty. The transport infrastructure of a town of 40,000 is ill equipped to accommodate a temporary surge in use by an additional 30,000 to 50,000 visitors. In the absence of any tangible improvements to that infrastructure, a reluctance by Knowsley Council to accommodate additional vehicles in the town and a national policy to discourage car journeys, a range of measures, that have been described by the applicants transport expert as “trailblazing” and “not used by any other football club”, will be put in place to manage visitors to the Kirkby stadium. A two-mile car exclusion zone, extending beyond Kirkby, will be in operation around the stadium on matchdays which means that, in the absence of any third party car parks and the council prohibiting parking on any school or council property, the anticipated 24,000 supporters arriving by car (12) will have to make use of the park & walk and park & ride facilities, some supporters will have to endure a forty-five minute walk. Those 4,300 (13) travelling by train back to Liverpool will have to tolerate being held in “queuing reservoirs” by officials for up to 90 minutes and the prospect of being “crush loaded” (14) onto trains due to the single track configuration which allows only one train every fifteen minutes (15). Whilst the arrival of supporters can be somewhat self-determined and staggered, the departure will be as a collective mass and this is where, due to the volume of supporters moving mainly in one direction, towards Liverpool and beyond, dissatisfaction with the chosen location will develop.

The failure, by Everton, to promote public transport in preference to car use will result in a reduction of capacity from 50,000 to 40,000 (16). The current car use by Evertonians has been calculated at 72%, the target reduction is 55% by season three or the cap will be come into force.

As can be seen below this planned relocation will take Everton further away from the local conurbation than any other premiership club. Kirkby is 9 miles from Liverpool City centre; the average distance for a premiership club being 2.6 miles (17)

chart-distance.gif

The finances behind the proposed move, even after Everton and Tesco had presented their evidence at the inquiry, remain unclear and as confusing as ever. Everton failed to supply any firm detail in support of their finance options (18), citing commercial sensitivities. Equally, Tesco were unable to explain the origin of the £52m subsidy (19). KEIOC’s case has always been that Everton are essentially getting what they’re paying for, save for a £10m grant from the NWDA, applied for by Tesco, and a possible, but not stated, construction discount benefit from their association with Tesco. In our opinion the increase from an £90m cost (20) to a £130m value is derived from the increased value of the land if planning permission were to be granted.

The restrictions already placed upon the stadium will limit the opportunities for Everton to generate non-football revenue. Knowsley Council will have free use of the facility on 100 occasions throughout the year, almost a third of the year, and the council have already stipulated that no music concerts will be allowed.

Basically, I agree with them. It would break my heart to move, I know my dad would give up going, for sure, and I would certainly be close to, if not giving it up myself. It would be painful to see my club ending up like Southampton or whatever, as that's what I believe will ultimately happen.

Anyway, this is on Spurs new ground, I don;t wanna be hijacking another thread :lol:

It's a long and confusing story, that you would probably not be interested in but if you want I'll pm you?

Now shared stadium, in theory, its the best solution for everyone. In reality, it would never happen.

It's a long and confusing story, that you would probably not be interested in but if you want I'll pm you?

Now shared stadium, in theory, its the best solution for everyone. In reality, it would never happen.

Yeah, if you could fill me in with a PM - that'd be cool.

Yeah... the shared stadium thing is never going to be popular in this country. Small Heath fans are more welcoming to the idea of sharing a stadium with us just because they want to be seen on 'equal' terms with us with a big, new stadium... but that's because they'd have no bother leaving St Sty because it's a cess pit; whereas Villa Park is a very unique and traditional stadium.

Is Kirkby near Wigan? I am sure its inbetween Wigan and Liverpool but I suspect I am totally wrong :lol:

Pretty much. It's closer to Liverpool than Wigan, as it's still a part of Merseyside really, it's just not under Liverpool City Council jurisdiction.

Does moving out of Liverpool bother you?
is it far outside the city??

Its a bit like The Villa moving down to the N.E.C. I guess. Technically in Solihull, though 95% of the country still think of it as Birmingham.

here according to t'internet.

Following on from feedback, the club has made some changes to the plans during the recent consultation period, with the single tier "Kop" stand being the biggest single change. Obviously I'm biased, but I think the design now looks fantastic.

The club has stayed true with it's promise to listen and learn, making sure that the fans are close to the action, with the sound being acoustically reflected down onto the pitch and all with the aim of making it a really intense atmosphere in which to play and watch the game.

Given the associated development of housing, a hotel, a supermarket and so on, I have a lot of confidence that Levy can pull this off without crippling the club debt-wise. With an application for full planning permission having been submitted, things are really moving on apace ... exciting times ahead for Spurs fans.

I thought so, I remember some guy from Uni who was from there (I think he supports Everton) He told me its inbetween Liverpool and Wigan. I was pretty shocked to be honest, I didn't think Wigan was that close to Liverpool but they do sound like ScouseMancs :)

Following on from feedback, the club has made some changes to the plans during the recent consultation period, with the single tier "Kop" stand being the biggest single change. Obviously I'm biased, but I think the design now looks fantastic.

Blatantly just copying the Kop at Anfield and the Sudtribune in Dortmund though :winkold:

The club has stayed true with it's promise to listen and learn, making sure that the fans are close to the action, with the sound being acoustically reflected down onto the pitch and all with the aim of making it a really intense atmosphere in which to play and watch the game.

Given the associated development of housing, a hotel, a supermarket and so on, I have a lot of confidence that Levy can pull this off without crippling the club debt-wise. With an application for full planning permission having been submitted, things are really moving on apace ... exciting times ahead for Spurs fans.

Levy is no mug, he will probably pull this off. The obvious comparison to be made is with Arsenal, the move to the Emirates looks at the moment to be a fantastic long term investment, although a bit of a financial burden at the moment.

Although it is worth bearing in mind Arsenal struggled with the old Highbury develepment, I do think this is good news for Spurs and the stadium looks good.

Â