PL: Wolves a 2009/10/24 Ratings and Reactions

limpid

Very disappointed with Carew. Heskey did well to assist with the goal. We didn't get one 50/50 decision from the ref, terrible terrible performance by him and the officials, categorised with a penalty in which he played the advantage then called it back when the shot was poor. An identical situation in the first half for us, except he let play continue, terrible.

I never expect us to win away games with ease and sometimes results like these are decent enough. However, when we do not fight and when we do not play to our strengths something is extremely wrong.

And then we have idiots on the pitch like Steve Sidwell who will never be a good Premiership player. How did he warrant 90 minutes on the pitch? Even that chance he had he managed to NOT keep his cool and

instead hits his own player. Just illustrates the whole player and game he had. Complete fiasco.

Oh come one people, what's the big suprise here?

We are NOT a top four team.

We do NOT have players that are good enough for the top four.

Think about teams that are going to be in the top four and who they have playing for them. We're nowhere near in that league.

We DON'T play much good football and we still have quite a few ordinary players.

Considering all of that, I can't quite understand why people are suprised at drawing an away derby.

Poor performance, poor result.

I'm not going to complain about Sidwells awful challenge as it shouldn't have got to that point. A few seconds earlier Wolves had 3 players completely unmarked on the right hand side of our 18 yard box, why? I just can't understand it, a simple ball was played to one of them, he backheeled it, then penalty. Shocking defending cost us that game, not good enough.

Think about teams that are going to be in the top four and who they have playing for them. We're nowhere near in that league.

You mean players like Aurelio, Agger, Carragher, Lucas, Kuyt, Riera, Benayoun and Vornin? Nah, I think I'll stick to the players we have.

Liverpool don't have top 4 quality.. yet they still make the top 4. Doesn't seem to matter.

This will cheer a few folks up at least:

1451: New Birmingham owner Carson Yeung strolls onto the wet St Andrew's turf and looks like a man about to burst into song. Happily he refrains and says: "We have a proud history and can look forward. I love you all".

Awful performance.

Only Collins and Milner looked bothered to me.

Carew - absolute disgusting performance , he does not deserve to be in a villa shirt at the moment - this was one game too many for me

Young - not much better than Carew, with the exception that at least you think he will do something eventually, so does the opposition, so they have to mark him.

Sidwell - forget the penalty , his worst performance for Villa I reckon, he gave the ball away time and time again and missed many a good chance.

So bloody frustrating. We have come on a bundle this year defensively, I congratulate MON for doing it.

However, we all, EVERYONE to a man and woman, knew we needed a qaulity playmaker, and a goalscorer - and that is what is gonna make us a team that finish in 8th or 9th instead of a top 4 team, and MON should have recognised that fact.

You mean players like Aurelio, Agger, Carragher, Lucas, Kuyt, Riera, Benayoun and Vornin? Nah, I think I'll stick to the players we have.

Liverpool don't have top 4 quality.. yet they still make the top 4. Doesn't seem to matter.

Actually, yes I do mean those players.

Benayoun has more technical ability than anyone in our side.

Agger and Carragher may be off-form but are strong defenders.

Lucas is the anfield scapegoat, Kuyt is a very hard worker and Riera is good enough for the Spain squad.

Voronin, admittedly, is pants.

But the point remains that Sidwell, Carew, etc. would not get a game not only for the likes of Liverpool, but the likes of City or Spurs.

Thought we looked knackered to be honest, I have to say I'm more p*ssed of that our defence conceded a goal, really am, 0-0 ok that's the way the cookie crumbles, friggin Sidwell.

Thought Gabby again in the midst of so much mediocrity looked class is finishing to stop the ball turn and had the instinct to put it left of the keeper, F**king Good that was.

Gabby 9

Collins 6

Petrov 6

Everybody else i'll rate when they turn up.

I really don't get Ash Young, he's been playing well over the last couple of games, then reverts to classic LW...... utterly frustrating.

We dont seem to get any shots on target, when you watch Man utd, all you hear is "ROOOONEY and the keeper makes a save", but we dont have that, we miss and miss and miss. Our Central pair, Petrov and Sidwell are useless, they are no gerrard or Lampard, we need some new boys in, i also reckon Guzan might of saved that penalty funnily enough. I almost give up, we could of gone joint 3rd, and above city and Arse !! Again this will be a huge part of this season and if we would of held on i could see us challenging for top 4, im now going to place a bet on us finishing 6th.

Actually, yes I do mean those players.

Benayoun has more technical ability than anyone in our side.

Agger and Carragher may be off-form but are strong defenders.

Lucas is the anfield scapegoat, Kuyt is a very hard worker and Riera is good enough for the Spain squad.

Voronin, admittedly, is pants.

But the point remains that Sidwell, Carew, etc. would not get a game not only for the likes of Liverpool, but the likes of City or Spurs.

Yossi Benayoun more technical ability than anyone in our side?? have i just died and gone to madness land?