PL: Everton a Match Thread 2009/10/31 15:00

limpid

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you'll lift yourselves up for this one though AG, if we play 4-5-1 i'll be confident we'll get something but if we go 4-4-2 no chance.

I wouldn't say no chance That 442 got a draw against CIteh and beat Chelsea.

But I agree I'd feel more confident going 4-5-1, especially as it's away from home.

I really hope Billy is fit. He gives us something a bit extra. He's not lightening quick but he has a sweet, sweet left foot and can swing in a great ball from anywhere, he doesn't need to beat the man, very Beckham-esque.

He reminds me a little of Arteta when he first game, just needs to get up to speed with things and get a bit stronger physically.

Never enjoy Everton away (as a fixture) but loving going to Goodison. I always feel we'll lose there, and I feel the same this time round. It's just one of those places for me.

However, we've done well in recent seasons and they're last 3 games have shown they're leaking goals, so who knows, we might score 1? We've got a chance of getting a draw if we do. :D

I'm just hoping Saha doesn't make it back in time he has been excellent this season.

Looking very much likely that he won't be fit!

Excellent!!! Oh I mean, that is a shame I always enjoy watching him play. :lol:

Actually, I've always been a fan of his ever since he first rocked up at Newcastle all those years ago.

Looks like a dull 0-0 draw, but I'll predict 1-1.

But as I'm (again) trying to shake off my torment pessimism and negativity

You miserable sod AlienVillan! :lol:
and as I usually go terribly wrong with my predictions, I'm getting prepared for a real surprise :shock: performance. :cheers:

Would be thrilled with a draw

Such a stupid thing to say, but I guess that comes with your role at this place.

The only four places we can be "thrilled" walking away with a point is Anfield, Old Trafford, Emirates and Stamford Bridge. A point there is always very, very good.

Taking a single point from a team placed 14th in the table would never leave me thrilled. Do not get me wrong though, Everton are a good side, but with the injury situation we have all the reasons in the world to attack their defence and get a good result. So, a draw wouldn't be the end of the world but in no circumstance would it be thrilling. We beat their big brother a month ago away with 3-1 for god's sake.