PL: Everton a Match Thread 2009/10/31 15:00

limpid

Happy with a point after watching the game but we could have beaten them if we applied ourselves a bit more in the attacking side of our game. We are relying far too much on our defence at the moment. I would love us to return to playing just Gabby up front and play 5 in midfield, to try and get more possession than were having at the moment.

I thought the ref was a complete joke today. Some of the decisions were laughable. Cuellar clearly got the ball and you could see from MON's reaction that he was not happy! can't believe I saw Heskey at right back either, I would have thought he would have put Reo-Coker there once he made the change!

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ash Young I thought was better today,

Yep...I thought so too... not forgetting we lost Milner at HT, which effected our attacking ability.

Warnock was immense today....the header he put in to stop Cahill scoring near the end was brilliant...

Collins was also an absolute rock in defence, Dunne not far behind & I thought Cuellar played well at RB today.

Sidwell put in alot of work in the middle of the park as did Petrov against a tough & very decent Everton Midfield.

Oh, forgot to mention... I did say beforehand in the "Weekend Football thread" we need to start capitalising on other results that go our way i.e Spuds getting hammered by Arsenal, we've failed to do that again and have missed out on the oppotunity of going 4th. It's a thing I'm getting annoyed with this season... but a draw at Everton isn't too bad. But there's no excuses, we NEED to beat West Ham next week - we can't go 3 games without a win.