PL: Everton a Match Thread 2009/10/31 15:00

limpid

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to see NRC in there instead of Heskey/Delph.

Best result of the season was against Plop. We played 4-5-1. Consistently poor performances since with 4-4-2?

Everton are also likely to go 4-5-1 and I felt that we have given them too much space in the past when we have pitched up with a 4-4-2.

I want to see another Liverpool performance - don't care about possession but lets defend solidly and make all the chances and come away with another 3-1 win.

4-5-1 my Lord, 4-5-1!!

We must pack out the midfiled to keep Cahill and Sideshow Bob quiet. Everton always seem to start abit edgy - but our games with them are always a great battle. We need to play much better against Everton than we did at Wolves 'cos with Everton's quality they would definitley punish us. I'd throw NRC in the middle and let him, Sidders and Pets get at them with Gabby up front on his own.

Hope Warnock and Collins are fit to play after they picked up knocks last night.

Think we'll loose this one.

We're creating absolutely zero from outfield play. Meaning any team that is half decent at defending will stop any chances we do create.

If we can get it in the corners and hope to win a free kick or indeed a corner we might have a chance of scoring.

So a draw?

At least we're had to beat, meaning we wont concede many.

Its just once extreme or the other, the advantage of being hard to beat is we might always get a point.

While I agree with you Jez in relation to our lack of creativity I would also point out that Everton aren't the rock solid defensive unit of the past. The loss of Lescott but more importantly I think the absence of Jagielka have robbed them of the solidity and struck from which so much of their game was based.

Everton are always though under Moyes a stern test and there isn't a huge amount to chose between the two teams, their confidence is probably a little low while we are likely a little tired.

Its going to be a tough game for both sides, a draw seems quite likely but either side could easily win. This one is wide wide open.

My team would be,

...............Friedel

Young/Beye Collins Dunne Warnock

.........NRC.............Petrov

...................Delph

Milner.......Gabby............Young

However MONs team will inevitably be,

................Friedel

Cuellar Collins Dunne Warnock

Milner Petrov Delph/Sidders Young

...........Carew....Gabby

If this is the case I think it will take a monumental effort from Dunne and Collins again if we are to come away with anything. With the 4 5 1 we can stop their only real creative presence in Pienaar, stop their aerial presence with our super cbs and really get at their rbs with our wing play. They have I think Lucas Neill who is vastly overrated IMO, tony hibbert who young gave a scare last year and i think gosling or one of their others is playing lb atm. Plus they are vulnerable at the back without Jagielka and Delph will offer a creative side that we usually lack.

Looks like a good time to be meeting Everton. Loads of injuries, wobbly results, and Moyes is definitely showing the pressure.

Go kill them off boys!

That could easily have been said by a Manure fan last weekend of their game with plop.

Everton playing poorly, loads of injuries, conceding basic goals and we have a good recent league record at Goodison so all points to a..................................2-1 defeat.

Got a bad feeling about this one for some reason, would be quite happy to take a point from this one and then look to win at West Ham and home to Bolton.