Demographics of VT

wedge

Where do you hail from?  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you hail from?

• Birmingham
    • Elsewhere in the West Midlands
    • East Midlands
    • Surrounding counties (Staffs, Shrops, Warks, Worcs)
    • Elsewhere in England
    • Wales, Scotland or N.Ireland
    • Abroad

Born in Boston, Massachusetts, the Athens of America.

Currently living in Springfield, Massachusetts (at least for now officially the largest city with that name).

??

How come you're a Villa fan Levi ??

I don't know... something about the club drew me in (quite possibly VillaTalk!).

Of course, then I discover (partly through research and partly through sheer serendipity) that my great-grandfather emigrated from Kiddy (to Worcester, Massachusetts... I've wondered if there was a reason beyond opportunity) and that a cousin of some sort grew up in B6 in the years after the war...

Currently living in Springfield, Massachusetts (at least for now officially the largest city with that name).

??

I don't know... something about the club drew me in (quite possibly VillaTalk!).

Of course, then I discover (partly through research and partly through sheer serendipity) that my great-grandfather emigrated from Kiddy (to Worcester, Massachusetts... I've wondered if there was a reason beyond opportunity) and that a cousin of some sort grew up in B6 in the years after the war...

Amazing ! - have you ever been over here to watch a game ??

Born in Shrewsbury, moved to Sutton Coldfield, grew up in Milton Keynes, went to uni in Brum, then lived in Wigan for 12 years after uni until I moved over here to the IOM.

Christ you just need Aberdare and you've got the 'lived in shittest places' badge all sewn up!

I can think of so many more worse places than any I've listed.

What's wrong with Sutton, I was only young but I remember it as a pleasant enough town. Milton Keynes was a bit soulless, but was a clean and modern place to grow up. Wigan is an awesome town. Full of northern, working class charm, and halfway between Manchester and Liverpool. It was a great place to be a young, single bloke in my 20's. I really miss living there. The IOM is also a great place to live. A bit quiet for some, but then I've got a young family, so it's brilliant. Beautiful scenery, hardly any crime, and no traffic. At the moment, I wouldn't live anywhere else.

Born in Liverpool, spent first five years of my life in Shrewsbury. Then there is (in no particular order): Italy for about six years (three year stints and left in 2004), Germany for about seven years in total (various places) and Northern Ireland for about three. Then Uni in Manchester and currently residing in Liverpool. Now you have my entire life history, I put down elsewhere in England, being that whilst living in Shrewsbury I got into the Villa. :D

??

Haven't yet been over...

??

Have you ruled out the subtle guidance of a higher power? :)

??

Haven't yet been over...

You must. Bowler hats, continuous rain, warm beer, the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace, chirpy cockney accents. We've got it all.

Â