PL: Chelsea h 2009/10/17 Reactions and Ratings

LancsVillan

Nor dpo i want an argument, but ash's corner delivery at the moment is worthy of his place alone. 3/4 of our goals are from set plays at the moment, would you take our most potent weapon out of the team? I would question your football knowledge if you did.

you are absolutely right. someobody who can take a good corner is always going to merit his place in the side...

actually our most potent weapon is gabby - he is fast, strong, scares opposition and has scored five goals already this season. ash is contributing very little at the moment (despite his gold plated gift wrapped corners of course) and it is painful to watch. it is not through a lack of effort - that is obvious to anyone who watches him. i'm not the only one saying it, and he has very quickly slid off the england radar at the moment too - i personally think that a couple of games out would do him good - you are welcome to disagree but playing him every week seems to me to be the footballing equivalent of flogging a lame horse.

So you dont think that Ash's right boot being involved in 8 out of the 12 goals this season as our most potent weapon, because he's not playing well? Jesus open your eyes will ya.

ha ha - open yours - he is only posing a threat from corners, thats IT! we are only scoring goals from corners full stop - and that is because there is fk all service coming in to the forwards from open play - and it is ashs job to provide that service. if we just need someone to swing corners in all game so the centre halves can score all of our goals we may as well bring back sid - get milner to push him around the pitch all game in a wheelchair until we need someone to hit a dead ball!

lets drop it eh? you dont see it the same way that i do - or fabio capello for that matter.

have a good night out and lets enjoy the win...

Nor dpo i want an argument, but ash's corner delivery at the moment is worthy of his place alone. 3/4 of our goals are from set plays at the moment, would you take our most potent weapon out of the team? I would question your football knowledge if you did.

you are absolutely right. someobody who can take a good corner is always going to merit his place in the side...

actually our most potent weapon is gabby - he is fast, strong, scares opposition and has scored five goals already this season. ash is contributing very little at the moment (despite his gold plated gift wrapped corners of course) and it is painful to watch. it is not through a lack of effort - that is obvious to anyone who watches him. i'm not the only one saying it, and he has very quickly slid off the england radar at the moment too - i personally think that a couple of games out would do him good - you are welcome to disagree but playing him every week seems to me to be the footballing equivalent of flogging a lame horse.

So you dont think that Ash's right boot being involved in 8 out of the 12 goals this season as our most potent weapon, because he's not playing well? Jesus open your eyes will ya.

ha ha - open yours - he is only posing a threat from corners, thats IT! we are only scoring goals from corners full stop - and that is because there is fk all service coming in to the forwards from open play - and it is ashs job to provide that service. if we just need someone to swing corners in all game so the centre halves can score all of our goals we may as well bring back sid - get milner to push him around the pitch all game in a wheelchair until we need someone to hit a dead ball!

lets drop it eh? you dont see it the same way that i do - or fabio capello for that matter.

Ok then Fabio who would you suggest comes in then? I can't wait to here this.

Ashley seemed a little intimidated by Boswinga today - Boswinga and Sagna tend to play best against him because they can match his pace better than other defeders.

Collins & Dunne together = Martin Laursen+++ Neither on their own is better than Laursen but together I think they make our defence the strongest I have seen it in 3-4 years.

Friedel gave away a Carson-esque goal but his multiple saves from 1 0n 1 situations more than made up for it.

Petrov was fantastic and really dug in well. Sidwell didn't go hiding as usual but his disposal was poor.

All in all I think we only played at about 70% of our capacity - there is massive room for improvement - and we still beat Chelsea 2-1!

I don't know why you're saying that like there couldn't possibly anyone else!

We could bring in Albrighton or Delph and Milner can go left or right.

albrighton, warnock in mid with shorey at lb, gardner, nrc, hell even salifou - doesnt matter, according to you he only needs to take a good corner to warrant selection anyway.

slams door on way out to pub...

Oh that sounds exciting.

I don't know why you're saying that like there couldn't possibly anyone else!

We could bring in Albrighton or Delph and Milner can go left or right.

Im saying until Downing is fit we have no one who will improve on Young who has played a part in 2/3 of our goals this season whether it be with just the simple are of taking probably the best corner in the game ATM or not. I mean Carew has been our most ineffective player this season yet seems immune from stick. And we have just beaten the team top of the table and some people just want to criticize the player who provided the delivery for both goals.

It just baffles me sometimes.

Top draw from all the lads today. Chelsea played well but we just had an answer to most of there attacks today, and when they did get past us Brad did his job well. MOM for me is Warnock for his outstanding defence and also for his not stop running to support or attacks down the left. Must now go on another winning run to stay in and around the top so 3 points next week against the dog heads will do me. :D

Well done to the lads today, they all played their hearts out so 10 out of 10 for effort. Skillwise:

Friedel: 6 - did a few basic saves but messed up on the goal and did a really lame punch at one stage

Warnock: 9 - positional sense it excellent, seems to block everything and is always looking for a pass

Dunne: 9 - Superb!

Colins: 9.5 - the only slight error was allowing Drogba to turn away for the goal, but it was hardly in a dangerous position. Otherwise, his positioning, heading, tackling and blocking were simply immense.

Cueller: 7 - slightly ropey at times in the first half but some great challenges

Young: 6.5 - deliveries from goals were good and tracked back well. Open-play passing and running with the ball both well below par.

Petrov: 8 - ran the show in the 1st half but faded a little in the 2nd. In fairness he was up against the extra man in midfield.

Sidwell: 7 - again did the simple things well

Milner: 8 - great composure, always has the confidence to try and make things happen and made one or 2 great tackles when tracking back. Wish he'd shoot more.

Carew: 7 - held it up quite well and battled hard.

Gabby: 7.5 - was everywhere in the 1st half but not so involved the 2nd. Final touch still lets him down a little a times.

fine - if you think ash is playing well because he took two (well one actually - the second was only good because it was flicked on by a defender) good corners then i'm happy to leave it at that.

If you read my first post i agreed he isn't playing well. He isn't. You seem to think taking a great corner or free kick is easy thats where we disagree. I personally think Young has the best corner delivery in the English game ATM, and we have scored quite a few goals from them over the years. I think until Downing is fit, he is more than worth his place.

I dont get the point in singling out 1 player after beating the team who was top of the table, after Young provided the ball for both goals.

what a great result today, I thought Milners and Collins work rate was incredible. Both of those blocked and chased down everything today. Definitely a real boost since our first loss to Wigan on the opening day.

May the run continue.

fine - if you think ash is playing well because he took two (well one actually - the second was only good because it was flicked on by a defender) good corners then i'm happy to leave it at that.

If you read my first post i agreed he isn't playing well. He isn't. You seem to think taking a great corner or free kick is easy thats where we disagree. I personally think Young has the best corner delivery in the English game ATM, and we have scored quite a few goals from them over the years. I think until Downing is fit, he is more than worth his place.

I dont get the point in singling out 1 player after beating the team who was top of the table, after Young provided the ball for both goals.

you have just agreed with what i said all along - he isnt playing well - i dont see why you are taking such exception to me pointing it out! if you look back through these threads for this season it has been said after just about every game - he hasnt played well - and doesnt seem to be getting any better. my opinion is that an out of form player is sometimes best taken out of the team for a couple of games.

now that we have ascertained that we actually have the same basic opinion, do you think we can give it a rest and go and celebrate?

Friedal - 7 - Awesome 2nd half

Cuellar - 6 - Not bad

Dunne - 9 - Immense

Collins - 9 - Immense

Warnock - 8 - Solid

Milner - 8 - Busy

Sidwell - 8 - Worked hard and kept snapping their midfield

Petrov - 8 - Good solid game, worked tirelessly

Young - 3 - Hopeless. No confidence. Can't beat a drum never mind a defender

Carew - 7 - Lumbered and caused problems. Outlet for keeper and backs

Gabby - At times frightening. At times off the boil. Real danger man at the mo.

Heskey............. Oh dear

Ref - Biased waste of space with no bottle

Fans - Loud, quiet, noisy, (Heskey boos not good), Villa Park rocking. In that order!

Will now read what everyone else has put!

Fantastic performance and thouroughly deserved. The ref tried his best but we still won. Great come back. Everyone played well, but Collins looks a steal. Be great to see Young in at RB we would be very solid then.

you have just agreed with what i said all along - he isnt playing well - i dont see why you are taking such exception to me pointing it out! if you look back through these threads for this season it has been said after just about every game - he hasnt played well - and doesnt seem to be getting any better. my opinion is that an out of form player is sometimes best taken out of the team for a couple of games.

now that we have ascertained that we actually have the same basic opinion, do you think we can give it a rest and go and celebrate?

Erm no you said he was a liability. Thats different to saying he isn't playing well. He is far from a liability. Infact he is still worth his place in the team and one of our most important players.

Erm no you said he was a liability. Thats different to saying he isn't playing well. He is far from a liability. Infact he is still worth his place in the team and one of our most important players.

yeah i did, i think he is, you dont, thats fine.