PL: Chelsea h 2009/10/17 Reactions and Ratings

LancsVillan

top, top win that. cant believe it!!!!

two constructive observations of us:

we never shoot - neither the forwards or midfield ever seem to want to hit one - why???

ash is a liability at the moment - i think he needs to start a game or two on the bench because he has no confidence, his play is predictable and his poor decisions keep dropping the other players in the sh1t.

other than that - fkin brilliant!

That liability got 2 assists tracked back and worked really hard. Im becoming a little tetchy with the growing Ash bashing, yes he is hardly on form, but he is still a very important player to the team, and is getting assists when not playing his best.

Comes from people who don't really understand football (or life for that matter), and in a society which has grown to enjoy nothing more than putting the boot in at every opportunity, and for whom the evidence of the past is just an inconvenience best ignored when it comes to forming an opinion. If you believe the media at the moment Rio Ferdinand is suddenly a sh#t player, as opposed to a world class footballer who has just had a couple of poor games. I suspect with Ash it's a case of him not being quite as good as he was built up to be (i.e. not "world class"), and hitting a spell of low confidence - as long as he ignores the knee jerk bashing he'll be back on form sooner rather than later

we never shoot - neither the forwards or midfield ever seem to want to hit one - why???

ash is a liability at the moment - i think he needs to start a game or two on the bench because he has no confidence, his play is predictable and his poor decisions keep dropping the other players in the sh1t.

That liability got 2 assists tracked back and worked really hard. Im becoming a little tetchy with the growing Ash bashing, yes he is hardly on form, but he is still a very important player to the team, and is getting assists when not playing his best.

i'm not going to get into an argument with you after such a brilliant result - but ash only got two assists because he was hitting a dead ball with ten yards of empty grass in front of him. i think that he needs to watch a couple of matches from the bench personally because he is in a rut at the moment. that is not bashing him - its the reality. i'm not questioning his effort, desire, ability, dress sense, hairdo or anything else - he is just playing badly at the moment and dropped warnock right in it on more than one occassion today.

Great win. Really committed performance. Rob looked satisfied.

Friedel - 5: Made a number of fairly straightforward saves but a terrible mistake for the goal. Thankfully it didn't cost us.

Cuellar - 7: A limited footballer but a good defender, and improving at full back. His best performance for us so far, certainly that I've seen.

Collins - 9: MOTM. Looks a real player. Everywhere at the back and a good header for the goal.

Dunne - 8: Also excellent.

Warnock - 9: Brilliant again. Looks really really solid. A bit like Luke Young at his best but better with the ball at his feet.

Milner - 7: Worked exceptionally hard but could have been better in possession.

Petrov - 8: As against City, the best midfielder on show today. Calm yet feisty and kept the ball well.

Sidwell - 6: Decent.

Young - 7: Not in great form but I felt he grew in stature as the game went on and worked hard throughout. Two great deliveries for the goals.

Agbonlahor - 8: Brilliant in the first half, quieter in the second.

Carew - 6: A few nice touches and passes, but missed a great opportunity to wrap it up in the second half. Could do with a goal, but a decent contribution.

Sub: Heskey - 7: Only on for 10 minutes but held the ball up really well. Has a point to prove, which should work in our favour.

Standouts were Gabby, Warnock, Milner and Petrov. I thought Petrov was superb today, especially first half. He and Sidwell seems to work.

No Collins?

Apologies, I meant to include Collins

Sub: Heskey - 7: Only on for 10 minutes but held the ball up really well. Has a point to prove, which should work in our favour.

I agree. Late on in the game it's so easy to switch off, but he charged Cole down and block his ball forward. Then he chased the ball down along the touchline to keep it in, held it up well and kept it in play, beat a player or 2 and played it to Milner. Closed the game out very well for us.

Comes from people who don't really understand football (or life for that matter), and in a society which has grown to enjoy nothing more than putting the boot in at every opportunity, and for whom the evidence of the past is just an inconvenience best ignored when it comes to forming an opinion. If you believe the media at the moment Rio Ferdinand is suddenly a sh#t player, as opposed to a world class footballer who has just had a couple of poor games. I suspect with Ash it's a case of him not being quite as good as he was built up to be (i.e. not "world class"), and hitting a spell of low confidence - as long as he ignores the knee jerk bashing he'll be back on form sooner rather than later

you want a hand to get off that horse or can you manage?

Ash isn't at his best and hasn't been for a while. Some little jumped-up shits would sulk but Ashley just gets on with it and is still keeps making good runs into space - the men behind him must appreciate this. Good attitude.

i'm not going to get into an argument with you after such a brilliant result - but ash only got two assists because he was hitting a dead ball with ten yards of empty grass in front of him. i think that he needs to watch a couple of matches from the bench personally because he is in a rut at the moment. that is not bashing him - its the reality. i'm not questioning his effort, desire, ability, dress sense, hairdo or anything else - he is just playing badly at the moment and dropped warnock right in it on more than one occassion today.

Nor dpo i want an argument, but ash's corner delivery at the moment is worthy of his place alone. 3/4 of our goals are from set plays at the moment, would you take our most potent weapon out of the team? I would question your football knowledge if you did.

AWESOME WIN!!!

Collins, Dunne - warriors

Milner is flying!

However, the guy who stood out for me today was Petrov... superb!

Only real negative comment I have is that I really wanted to see NRC come on to help break down Chelsea's play in the latter part of the game. I have a bad feeling that its game over for him and he'll be heading out with Heskey :(

well done lads... bring on the next victims!

Nor dpo i want an argument, but ash's corner delivery at the moment is worthy of his place alone. 3/4 of our goals are from set plays at the moment, would you take our most potent weapon out of the team? I would question your football knowledge if you did.

you are absolutely right. someobody who can take a good corner is always going to merit his place in the side...

actually our most potent weapon is gabby - he is fast, strong, scares opposition and has scored five goals already this season. ash is contributing very little at the moment (despite his gold plated gift wrapped corners of course) and it is painful to watch. it is not through a lack of effort - that is obvious to anyone who watches him. i'm not the only one saying it, and he has very quickly slid off the england radar at the moment too - i personally think that a couple of games out would do him good - you are welcome to disagree but playing him every week seems to me to be the footballing equivalent of flogging a lame horse.

I really have to praise our closing down today, just didn't allow Chelsea much time on the ball.

For me the standout player was James Milner again. He's really starting to play well, and has made such a difference to our team this year.

Plus got to hand it to MON for the good transfers last window (although annoying late!). Think we were all very worried when it looked like we didn't have any defense, now i think we are very solid!

Ash isn't at his best and hasn't been for a while. Some little jumped-up shits would sulk but Ashley just gets on with it and is still keeps making good runs into space - the men behind him must appreciate this. Good attitude.

This

Friedel 5 - one disaster prevented what could have been a 9 - I might be hard on one mistake, but it's the nature of the position

Cuellar 6 - Chelsea works the center and ignores the wings... not much to do

Warnock 8 - Same as Cuellar but used the freedom to both attack and to cover into the center more

Collins 9 - I really don't see how to separate the two, they complement and cover and have formed a tremendous partnership

Dunn 9 - I really don't see how to separate the two, they complement and cover and have formed a tremendous partnership

Milner 7 - Great work rate - great intelligence - sometimes he thinks faster than he plays so his pass would have been perfect a second earlier

Young 6 - Not his best, but recently his defensive work has made up for being a bit off the mark with the ball.... two excellent corners

Petrov 8 - Solid, got forward enough but stayed home when needed. He doesn't stand out to many becuase he doesn't do the flashy. He does the safe, the right, the smart. Does not hold the ball and get caught. He anticipated and wins the ball and plays it safely to a mate.

Sidwell 7 - Much the same as Petrov really. Doesn't get headlines but that's largely because he's too smart to play much on the ball when the opponents like to flood the center mid. He doesn't anticipate as well as Petrov, but he makes up for it with better quickness.

Carew 7 - Should have done better with the little flip from Milner in front of the goal but he worked held the ball well, kept the defense honest and worked back to help on defense often, especially at key moments.

Agbonlahor 7 - Still getting better all the time. Kept Chelsea defenders at home should have been awarded a PK. Obviously good speed, good in holding possession. Would like to see him improve in traffic. He can disappear in a crowd.

Best of the losers - Deco and Bosingwa

you are absolutely right. someobody who can take a good corner is always going to merit his place in the side...

actually our most potent weapon is gabby - he is fast, strong, scares opposition and has scored five goals already this season. ash is contributing very little at the moment (despite his gold plated gift wrapped corners of course) and it is painful to watch. it is not through a lack of effort - that is obvious to anyone who watches him. i'm not the only one saying it, and he has very quickly slid off the england radar at the moment too - i personally think that a couple of games out would do him good - you are welcome to disagree but playing him every week seems to me to be the footballing equivalent of flogging a lame horse.

So you dont think that Ash's right boot being involved in 8 out of the 12 goals this season as our most potent weapon, because he's not playing well? Jesus open your eyes will ya.