PL: Chelsea h 2009/10/17 Reactions and Ratings

LancsVillan

Reactions and ratings here. This thread will be kept for posterity.

Good game, almost ruined by a shockingly poor refereeing performance.

Deservedly level at half time having been denied a stonewall pen. Going ahead through the player that looks an absolute bargain at £5m..

ending in an excellent come from behind three points.

Onwards and UPwards.

Milner, Gabby and Warnock the standouts for effort. Dunne and Collins for the goals.

Visuals ruined by a last minute sight of El Cid ;-)

Fantastic superb result, excellant team performance, I would definalty add Ash to the mentioned players, love this new feisty role he's taking on, couldn't give a crap how many are bad tackles and how many scalps he takes, brilliant result, Liverpool, Cheslea and Man city, don't get any better.

Tells me one thing, a warning to the super 5, get us on a good day and your F**ked.

Petrov easily the best midfielder on view today ..is it me or are Lumpards legs starting to go ?

James Collins could well be the signing of MON's career ... but the whole back 4 they way they throw themself at everything was impressive .. Carlos maybe had his best game for Villa today ?

Chelsea play some great football and at times we couldn't live with them but for determination and effort they couldn't match us

So Wigan cancelled out by unexpected Liverpool points and Blackburn cancelled out by unexpected points today .... lets not mess it up at Wolves next week though if we do i'll take a win v man U to cancel it out :-)

Sidwells run continues.

indeed ..and yet tbh I hardly saw him on the feed i watched ..it's a weird old thing isn't it ??

cracking result that- Collins was a giant again - good all round performance, but a bit disappointed with Ashley Young again toady, but certainly not complaining about the result! Did you see John Terry jumping up and down like a baby when the second goal went in??? Comedy genuius!!!

Fantastic performance, fantastic result.

A real team effort, although James Collins deserves special praise.

The attitude showed by every single player, including Heskey when he came on, was something to be very proud of.

Cracking result and a great performance from the lads. Milner, Warnock, Gabby were great today. I'm sure Petrov's performance will have gone unnoticed but a special shout out to Stan. His tackling and tracking back all game was great, in the first half most of our best play was involving Stan. Our central midfielders were up against 3 world class midfielders and imo Sidders and Petrov played great.

Much love to Dunne and Collins for around 10 million a bargain to build a team around, UTV!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just about managed to get all the jizz off my keyboard!!! **** huge win for us today. Warnock , Collins and Dunne are turning out to be brilliant signings. Really cant wait for Downing to come in on the left for us. We just need to stay with the pack and keep churning out results!!!

MOTM Rusty bollocks.

What a game! I thought we had the better chances in the 1st half and Gabby was a real menace up front. Ash was stifled like I've never seen him before by Bosingwa (what a Full back he is!).

The 2nd half was all Chelsea bar a couple of corners and counter attacks, but the defending and harassing by villa (and saves from Friedel) were absolutely first rate. Fantastic defending by the whole back 4 and Milner and Ash came to life in the 2nd half a lot more (more so with the defending and tracking back). Gabby completely disappeared in the 2nd half which was disappointing but its hard to lay criticism at anyone wearing claret and blue today, they were all superb.

top, top win that. cant believe it!!!!

two constructive observations of us:

we never shoot - neither the forwards or midfield ever seem to want to hit one - why???

ash is a liability at the moment - i think he needs to start a game or two on the bench because he has no confidence, his play is predictable and his poor decisions keep dropping the other players in the sh1t.

other than that - fkin brilliant!

Great performance!

Chelsea probably did enough to feel they should have at least got a point, but they didn't take their chances, and we did.

Standouts were Gabby, Warnock, Milner and Petrov. I thought Petrov was superb today, especially first half. He and Sidwell seems to work.

Very happy, we really seem to be able to pull a performance out of the bag against the big teams