Demon Souls / Dark Souls

AshVilla

For anyone interested, From Software ran a competition for people to submit shield designs to be used in the game. A few from Europe/US and Asia and these are the winning designs, some really great ideas. They did a similar thing for Dark Souls too with the Sanctus shield, used by dark phantom 'Paladin Leeroy'.

jPUsh4D.jpg

Edited by nobler
  • Like 1

To be fair, I've enjoyed ENB's lore videos and the time and effort he's taken to patch together all the information possible. From Soft kept their secrets incredibly well hidden and I think ENB did actually play a huge part in starting a Dark Souls internet bandwagon which just grew and grew, I actually doubt they would have had a budget to even make Dark Souls 2 had this game not generated so much interest through social media. That said, the name 'Marcus Shield' is pretty tacky - maybe a more subtle tribute may have done the trick.

• 3 weeks later...

Just bought dark souls upon a recommendation from a friend. I have to say  I have not enjoyed this type of game so much since Diablo II. I love the combat dynamics, how you can get **** up by any enemy in the game by going in swinging and the bosses are all fun.

It is definitely a game I will be investing some time into before the new one comes out. I am currently about to go into the depths having just killed the moonlight butterfly. I was fortunate enough to pick up the gargoyle halberd which is amazing. I love farming souls from the gargoyles on co-op. Not looking forward to blightown, looks tough but I want to get some of the cool stuff around there. 

A question though to any experts here, how can I get involved in PVP early in the game, I would like to duel other players. Where do i get more cracked red eye orbs from?

Mat

Only way to get a permanent supply of Red Eye Orbs is to deal with a semi-hidden character you're probably nowhere near ready to access yet. If you want consistent PVP and don't care about fights being honorable, you'll have to spend 20k souls for an item to access an area not far from (in fact, partially connected to) the Undead Parish. Otherwise, just go human everywhere.

• 4 years later...

Dark Souls needed a remaster so I am glad it's getting one to look closer to Dark Souls 3 visually.

It'll also be nice to have a version of Dark Souls on PC that doesn't require DSFix to run at 60FPS, that port was trash.

Hopefully this also means that an original Dark Souls 2 remaster on the Dark Souls 3 engine is in the works as well. I know we have the Scholar version with better visuals/frame rate, but that version is terrible. 

I'll be getting it. Not on Switch, but only because that console is far too easy to launch through a window, but also because I just can't imagine playing the game with the Switch, its a little too awkward for it imo.

I really want to finish Dark Souls though. I've never been able to get past Blighttown. It runs so badly coupled to an area that is just more irritating anyway puts me off every time. Never bothered with the PC version, even with the fix. But I loved 3. Really loved it. So give me the original with better performance and maybe a little tarting up and I'll be happy.

• Like 1

I am really excited about this. I heard they completely redid the online mechanics to match dark souls 3 so we can now have 6 people in a game. The forest is going to be great for pvp again. If they can make the fighting mechanics more refined, this will be one of the best games ever. Dark Souls 1 was so much fun, but I played it again last year, and I could feel how sluggish and slow the game felt. 

• Like 1

Same here. I really wanted to do another Dark Souls playthrough but it was so slow. Christ knows how we all played it back in the day.

Remaster will be a day one purchase for me. Hopefully we don't have to wait too long.

• 4 months later...

Remaster is out at the end of this week. I've been watching a few youtubers who got early access and I am disappointed. Better graphics yes, but that seems to be it. When Dark Souls 2 did a remaster, they at least added some new content and changed up enemy placement.

This is literally just Dark Souls ported to new systems. I'm still going to buy it solely so I can play dark souls again with a bunch of people. Invading in the forest was loads of fun when dark souls first came out. 

So I played basically all weekend. It's exactly DS1, but it's nice to have an actual community again with the game. It's also making me remember how great DS1 was. So many different areas with tons of unique enemies. I wish the remaster actually could have fixed some controls because it feels so clunky compared to even DS2. 

I've also encountered a few glitches with the remaster. I've fallen through the floor twice, I'd gotten stuck in a wall, and I am a few feet away from an enemies attack radius and yet I still take damage. It's annoying, but nothing major. Oh also backstabs are frustrating as hell. I don't remember it being this bad. 

Â