"Yeah, this King of the Storm is a bit of a hard bastard isn't he."

Few tries later:

"Yeessss! Get down you ****!.."

Looks at screen and realises a second phase has started:

"You bunch of ba..."

YOU DIED!

So basically this:

spacer.png

On my first run, he was the hardest boss in the game, I actually just completely walked away from the game rather than face him over and over. But... Once you get his pattern down he's not that difficult.

Have you been up the ladder by the boss room btw? Unrelated to the boss but a familiar face... :)

38 minutes ago, Chindie said:

On my first run, he was the hardest boss in the game, I actually just completely walked away from the game rather than face him over and over. But... Once you get his pattern down he's not that difficult.

Have you been up the ladder by the boss room btw? Unrelated to the boss but a familiar face... :)

Yeah, me and Havel had a 'smack each other around with our huge weapons' contest (oo-er!)

FUGS and I won 😎

• Like 1

Watched a few of these lately.

Now, completing one of these games without dying would impress me...but all three consecutively without even getting hit?

Mind boggling amount of dedication (madness).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Now, completing one of these games without dying would impress me...but all three consecutively without even getting hit?

Mind boggling amount of dedication (madness).

It's insane the dedication.

I watch The_Happy_Hob on Twitch quite regularly who is the originator of the Trilogy No-Hit Run and it's insane. 

Hob is currently in the midst of working on the God Run 2.0 which is Demon's Souls, Bloodborne, Sekiro and Dark Souls 1, 2 and 3 back to back without getting hit.

These No-Hit Runners are a different breed, it's crazy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

Midir... Ah he's nothing ;)

Down (after quite a few solo tries)

Used a couple of summons in the end and the one guy was an absolute ringer. 

NG+ awaits...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, dubbs said:

Just noticed the DS trilogy is available on PS4 for about £33 - tempted!

I'm biased as they are three of my favourite games of all time so I'd say they are well worth it (I've dropped 150 hrs in DS2 alone) 

What it might be worth doing is picking up the DS1 Remaster (glorious in 60fps) from the PS store and giving that a whirl. Its 12.99 iirc.

I know 1 and 2 inside out so always happy to pass on tips and advice.

Praise the Sun!

• Thanks 1

I've played them all except for Sekiro (waiting for it to be under £30 in one of the sales, but no luck so far).

I'm ashamed to say I've only completed Dark Souls 2. Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 1 and 3, and Bloodborne all eventually got too intimidating for me. 

No other games have ever brought me such high highs and low lows. The highs are totally worth it, but I really have to be in a special mood to play these things.

Not sure why I feel this way, and I don't know why I persevered with DS2 over the others, but I think part of it now is that I don't really have the time to spend on games like I used to. If I'm going to spend a rare few hours a week playing a game, I feel like I need to have made progress, and I could play a Souls game for that length of time and get absolutely nowhere!

I'm just not very good at these games, or I don't have the patience anymore. Probably the more the first one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ginko said:

I've played them all except for Sekiro (waiting for it to be under £30 in one of the sales, but no luck so far).

I'm ashamed to say I've only completed Dark Souls 2. Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 1 and 3, and Bloodborne all eventually got too intimidating for me. 

No other games have ever brought me such high highs and low lows. The highs are totally worth it, but I really have to be in a special mood to play these things.

Not sure why I feel this way, and I don't know why I persevered with DS2 over the others, but I think part of it now is that I don't really have the time to spend on games like I used to. If I'm going to spend a rare few hours a week playing a game, I feel like I need to have made progress, and I could play a Souls game for that length of time and get absolutely nowhere!

I'm just not very good at these games, or I don't have the patience anymore. Probably the more the first one.

I took a 2 year break from Bloodborne because it was just too difficult at the time.   Started again over lockdown and finished it last week.   

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Considering doing a Platinum run on DS3.

@Chindie any tips? I assume I'll need to reach at least NG++ again? Many missables?

It's an enormous grind if you're not into the multiplayer. You have to collect every ring, every spell (of every type), every gesture... A number of these require you to level up covenants, which requires you to collect their covenant items, which are all available in the game world but often with really low drop rates -basically to encourage playing in multiplayer. Expect to spend a lot of time farming knights in Lothric Castle and 2 specific skeletons in the Catacombs if you're not going online. And by a lot of time I mean potentially double figure hours even if you min max item drop rates with stats, rings and the Crystal rapier.

There's a few missables - there's gestures, rings and spells that form parts of quest lines you can miss, you can theoretically miss a couple of the covenants (most obviously the Moundmakers, which you can't access if you defeat the Greatwood boss and has a very obscure way to access) and you have to achieve each of the 3 possible endings, the Usurpation of the Fire requiring you to follow specific actions throughout the game (I managed to fluke doing this on my very first run through the game, but it's definitely not signposted).

It's not a difficult platinum so much as it's a long haul. You'll want to use a guide as some of the quests to follow very easily go off track.

• Thanks 1

Â