England v USA in World Cup: What will you do?

leviramsey

First team?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. First team?

• England
    • USA
    • Other
    • There are other countries?

An interesting post at EPLTalk

I suppose this is the followup to the native or expat thread (ignoring the likes of TSV who I would guess would support USA over England), but if the USA finishes behind Mexico in the qualifying group, there is at least some chance that the USA could be in a group with England.

USA all the way for me... don't really care how England do (though I guess I could deal with a Milner cross to Gabby winning the World Cup). There are a few born-and-bred Americans who support England instead of the USA, and I really have to wonder what the point of that is.

I agree Levi, it baffles me when I see pure-bred Americans rooting for other nations over their own; USA by a mile. Now we just need to get the Irish in, and in a different group from the USA.

Yeah, I would of thought so.

It's hilarious in that last video when the guy unscrews the fire hydrant and lets blasts of water coming out all onto the street lol.

That's normal on a hot day in an American city (and it can get pretty **** hot and humid even in NYC or Boston).

• 2 weeks later...

As a brummy living in Florida, I cant wait for the world cup! My dream is to watch England play the USA in the knockout stages , in a bar, surrounded by yanks who will hopefully be crying into their piss weak beer after the game, whilst I make their lives a complete misery!

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I bleed Red, White and Blue first and foremost. But, after we inevitably screw ourselves over (Which, after the tragic events of Charlie Davies, your in our hearts always man!), I'll probably go for England. But, I'm 1/2 German and 1/2 English by heritage so... not sure what I'll do once the beer starts flowing.

Well, it's no longer hypothetical. It's here. I'll enjoy everyminute of it. I'll root for the USA and gabby, milner, heskey, Ash, warnock, and downing. I'll hope for a usa win with a 6- 5 score line.

Goals to gabby, milner, heskey, Ash, downing, for england and goals to donovan and 1 own goal by Barry, 1 own goal by Gerrard, and 3 own goals by Lampard. Simple!

Unless, say Tim Howard breaks a leg or something and Guzan is in goal... then NO GOAL FOR YOU!

Too bad there aren't PKs in the group stage, then you could fantasize on a scenario of Guzan defending penalties against Milner and Ash; kind of like Calvin Shiraldi facing Kevin Mitchell in the 10th inning in '86.

Â