Petrov - can he play in a 4-4-2?

barry'sboots

Stan as a defensive midfielder in a 4-4-2?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Stan as a defensive midfielder in a 4-4-2?

• Yes please
    • Not on your life

Another poor performace today /sarcastic dig at the posters on here who despite not knowing their arses from their elbows think they are top class pundits.
A shame you didn't post this before the match in fact.

Excellent today and didn't seem to tire as much as in previous games. Finding full fitness at last. Hope people remember this performance against top opposition and a frighteningly good midfield before they lambast him in the future.

Credit to Sidwell though, gets through a lot of graft and never stops running and allows Stan time to get on the ball more.

Another player who sometimes comes in for stick is Cuellar and I also thought he was great today ..and he's playing out of position!! Well done Villa.

Dominated the midfield, which is very difficult against a diamond as it's narrow with lots of bodies in there. When those bodies include the likes of Essien and Lampard it makes it that bit more tough. Well played, Stan!

Absolutely brilliant today. I still think he's the player with most about him in our midfield, he has a great eye for a pass and also knows how to keep it nice and simple. Tackles and harries well too.

I could be greedy and say I wish he'd get into more shooting positions that might be a bit too much to ask ;).

I also found him to be very good today, but not MOTM. For me that was Friedel....

are you for real?? friedel was at fault for the goal then in the 2nd half saved a couple of shots that were straihgt at him.

if he didnt save them they would hav been even bigger **** ups than the one he let in

i havent been keen on petrov in a 442 but credit where its due he was fantastic today imo

We played 4-4-2

Petrov played

Heskey was on the pitch

And we still beat the team that will probably win the league, how did that happen?

We did play 4-4-2 but it was more of a 4-5-1 when Colins scored. Gabby moved out right with Milner moving in.

But I guess it proves the 4-4-2 can work.