Petrov - can he play in a 4-4-2?

barry'sboots

Stan as a defensive midfielder in a 4-4-2?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Stan as a defensive midfielder in a 4-4-2?

• Yes please
    • Not on your life

Petrov should be sold in January, as he will never be any good in any system. He is simply too slow and no longer has the stamina to play in our midfield. Oposing managers rub their hands with glee when they see him on our team sheet and when he plays in our team, you can drive as many JCBs through our midfield as you like. The only good thing is that the JCBs are leaving the cash machines alone!

Good to see you're a man of your word and won't ever post here again sting. :lol:

Saying something that you know is not true?! Why, that would make you a li... Never mind. I'm sure you've heard it all before. ;)

Anyway, how exactly do you know what "Oposing managers" do when they see our team sheet? I think they wet themselves and cower in the corner of the room shaking, but my guess is as unfounded and therefore useless as your's.

First of all 'Granville' i decided to come back on site due to the support i have received from fellow VTs by PM, who have indeed asked me to come back.

Secondly, i see you are continuing to dish out unfounded insults which could be deemed as slander. Its probably something you get off on, not having to face someone face to face and this verifys two things to me. One, you are a coward who stands in a crowd and thinks he is funny while no-one else laughs and two, well, you are a complete asshole!

Thats ok though, as i now understand that you just can't it! :lol:

I thought we looked horribly balanced 07/08.

Of the people that played out there - mainly Petrov and Gardner from memory - none of them looked like a right midfielder and we always had an exposed right side (Mellberg was never gonna overlap) and Ash was very easy to mark as everything went through him. I think if we had bought someone like Gary O'Neill to play out there that season - as a stop gap - we would have been in 5th at least and probably challenging the top 4.

Ash was easy to mark in 07/08, are you kidding? He was fantastic. All our play went through him because we didn't have a right side and he delivered constantly. To say that a decent right winger would have had us challenge for top 4 is just absurd, it would have had a negative effect on Ash like Milner ended up having, we had a shit keeper, Knight playing CB most of the season, fullbacks who couldn't attack at all, we were leaking tons of goals, we were miles off top 4 and a decent RW wouldn't have changed that.

We seem to have an obsession with pretty football? Chelski didn't play it at times with their 4-5-1 but won games and titles. I would much rather take a scruffy three points at Plop than try and play pretty football and get stuffed 5-0, although, and I have to admit I didn't see it, despite the possession figures it is my understanding that we were the better side against Plop? Both the Fulham and Blues games this season we have looked better than the following 5 away games I think??

4-5-1 can work and can be very pretty, especially with our 3 amigos - you only have to look at Barca, Plop last season and now Arsenal - if you have the personnel to suit it and you are well set up. I think we do have the personnel and results have shown this.

I don't care about pretty, I care about creating chances from open play. We had more in first half vs. Hull than we have had all this season while in 4-5-1.

you can drive as many JCBs through our midfield as you like. The only good thing is that the JCBs are leaving the cash machines alone!

:shock:

Sorry mate, it's an in joke with the Irish. In Northern Ireland at the moment there is a whole spait of robberies concerning gangs using JCBs to steal cash machines!

Trying to get one of those gangs to drive one of their JCB's down Granville's mouth and up into his brain, but they wouldn't find anything of note. Pity that! :lol:

you can drive as many JCBs through our midfield as you like. The only good thing is that the JCBs are leaving the cash machines alone!

:shock:

Sorry mate, it's an in joke with the Irish. In Northern Ireland at the moment there is a whole spait of robberies concerning gangs using JCBs to steal cash machines!

Trying to get one of those gangs to drive one of their JCB's down Granville's mouth and up into his brain, but they wouldn't find anything of note. Pity that! :lol:

I thought a couple of weeks ago you said you were going to leave this site, never to be seen again?!?

Petrov should be sold in January, as he will never be any good in any system. He is simply too slow and no longer has the stamina to play in our midfield. Oposing managers rub their hands with glee when they see him on our team sheet and when he plays in our team, you can drive as many JCBs through our midfield as you like. The only good thing is that the JCBs are leaving the cash machines alone!

Well i'm going to agree with sting, i mean he was bang on when he said petrov and milner would be one of the worst midfields around...........oh....hang on a minute.

D'you know, that's the funniest thing I've heard all week.

Glad to be entertaining 'briny_ear' and it is absolutely true!