PL: Man City h Ratings and Reactions

LancsVillan

Good game all in all, took 2 points off them but dropped 2 ourselves. Was wicked to see Barry get Dunne (ba-bam-tish).

I really think some better tactics could have nicked the game in our favour, bringing on Heskey is not the kind of tactic I'm talking about. Man that guy is a useless donkey, did he just drop to the floor again at one point when he had a great ball into him which he could of scored from. I'm sure it was him but I couldnt quite see.

Gutted I didnt make the game, pony that work was busy I couldnt really get the time off (and work is in Scotland) and someone else got to make use of my beloved season ticket.

Heskey came on and was a lot more composed, held it up and found a player, won loads of flick ons to team mates

Seriously? I'm not on here to attack Heskey - I think people were way to quick to savage him when he arrived - but I simply didn't see this. At all. His touch was poor, he wasn't in the right position to receive balls... Carew wasn't very useful in this match, but Heskey was still a downgrade.

Thought it was a great game tonight (Ref deserves a lot of credit...10/10).

Unlucky we didn't win if I'm honest, thought we gave it a real good try against a real strong city side.

Friedel - 7

Cuellar - 7

Dunne - 8

Collins - 9 MOTM

Warnock - 8

Milner - 7

Young - 7

Petrov - 8

Sidwell - 5

Carew - 5

Gabby - 8

Heskey - 6

NRC - 6

That i do agree with, its very easy to pick flies out of certain situations certain players etc, reality is, Man City have got a fair few top quality players, world class players even, everyone of our players had to give 100%+ to stay with them, that was the only way, and we did, its common sense that it follows that class will eventually show, late on the game it was all getting very stretched, we had players that were at that point slightly of the pace, we let them in, but they struggled like f*** for that goal, only because it was late on and players were getting tired did they get it, so no criticism from me there.

Could have gone either way, we matched them pound for pound as they say.

Heskey came on and was a lot more composed, held it up and found a player, won loads of flick ons to team mates

Seriously? I'm not on here to attack Heskey - I think people were way to quick to savage him when he arrived - but I simply didn't see this. At all. His touch was poor, he wasn't in the right position to receive balls... Carew wasn't very useful in this match, but Heskey was still a downgrade.

He was absolute wank when he came on. Contributed nothing. For such a big bloke he wins fuckall in the air. He has no place in a Villa shirt. Martin, start using Delfounso.

Heskey kept the ball better than Carew today. He's not good enough for Aston Villa HOWEVER had it been roles reversed, Heskey putting in the performance Carew did, Carew coming on and doing what Heskey did, people would say "Heskey was **** useless as always, Carew did okay when he came on, held the ball up okay, but nothing too much"

He was absolute wank when he came on. Contributed nothing. For such a big bloke he wins fuckall in the air. He has no place in a Villa shirt. Martin, start using Delfounso.

I tell you whats wank...

Its when Carew does nothing, gets applauded then as soon as Emile comes on he's under pressure.

Its time our fans realised its better the devil you know and try getting behind him rather than be a complete bunch of uneducated,jump on the band wagon clearings in the woods

I'm sorry that i ever doubted O'Neill's eye for a centre back. James Collins was immense again tonight as was Richard Dunne, those two look absolutely imperious at the back, they won almost every header, 50/50 challenge and their slide in tackles were always well timed.

Gabby had another belter, the lad worked hard all game and some of his runs in the second half were inspiring stuff. Milner also worked tirelessly, at one point late in the second half when we had a throw in in city's half he raced across from the left flank to the right to offer an option.

If we had 11 players who put as much effort in as Gabby, Milner and the centre half pairing we'd be champions league material.

I really think that when Downing comes into the team and Delph gets a little more premiership experience that we could have one of the best teams in the league.

Great performance lads!

Whilst you can't fault his workrate I reckon if Carew's general passing/flick ons and hold up play had been better we would have won this game easily - also on more than one occasion Young's final ball didn't impress. Carew was the missing link in my opinion. Nonetheless I'm more than happy with a well-earned point against City. Very impressed by the defence, especially James Collins who pretty much had Adebayor in his pocket for most of the match.

Good to see us playing well in a 4-4-2, especially against the likes of City, and again good to see the team playing their hearts out.

I'm sorry that i ever doubted O'Neill's eye for a centre back. James Collins was immense again tonight as was Richard Dunne, those two look absolutely imperious at the back, they won almost every header, 50/50 challenge and their slide in tackles were always well timed.

Gabby had another belter, the lad worked hard all game and some of his runs in the second half were inspiring stuff. Milner also worked tirelessly, at one point late in the second half when we had a throw in in city's half he raced across from the left flank to the right to offer an option.

If we had 11 players who put as much effort in as Gabby, Milner and the centre half pairing we'd be champions league material.

I really think that when Downing comes into the team and Delph gets a little more premiership experience that we could have one of the best teams in the league.

Great performance lads!

top post...well said!! :clap::clap::cheers::cheers:

dab: Absolutley, Collins has found his true calling and its Aston Villa, him and Dunne, Warnock, a slighlty lesser extent Cuellor, immense, the pairing of Dunne and Collins is a stroke of genius IMO, they could prove to be the most effective back 2 in the country this season.

Undesirable: I just get the feeling Gabby has stepped up a level, and watching his pure athleticism tonight, at one point i thought the programme had stopped and was being fast forwarded, his sprint to the ball didn't look real.

well in the pre match thread I said we should go 4-5-1 but O'Neill got it right by going 4-4-2. It was only when we stopped attacking them they came into it and got the goal.

First half we were absolutely brilliant, we worked so hard, towering leapl by Dunne and should of had a penalty when Young was brought down.

2nd half we played too deep and the goal was coming for about 15 mins when Ireland came on.

Collins was again majestic. What a buy he was.

Ashely Young looked dangerous tonight hope he isn't injured

Sidwell looked a bag of nerves in a 4-4-2 but somehow his presence means we pick up points.

Carlos Cuellor's distribution was as usual dodgy.

Warnock got caught a few times

Barry was total gash I can't believe they paid 12m for that lump of lard buhahahahahaha!

but I was happy with a one one score line at full time.