• Ian Taylor
    • Lee Hendrie
    • Merse
    • Gareth Barry
    • Der Hammer
    • NRC
    • Petrov
    • Gavin McCann

Id love to pick Merson but he only played 2 seasons after 2000 and 1 of them was mostly as a bit part player.

I think for pure longevity, as well as class, 1st choice has to be Barry!

(Note im talking about the Barry pre 2008/09 before money blinded him)

Barry, Barry & Barry.

This was easy. Almost frustratingly easy. As a midfield maestro he was one of a kind. This just shows what kind of player we lost. He had class. Gdmn and I thought I'd got over it.

Merse is probably nr1 choice for the right wing. And Boateng was good defensive midfielder.

Barry, Barry Barry + Barry. I guess I'll be watching his moves on Monday, never mind our 4-5-1 midfield, I'll be watching Barry. And so do you!

I have to laugh a little when I remember about a year ago when I timidly proffered the opinion that Petrov hadn't been MOTM on one particular occasion and was told accusingly by one poster "You don't like Petrov very much do you?" and I think a visit to Specsavers was recommended.

Petrov 2 votes so far. No longer flavour of the month. Was he ever really so good? And has he now fallen so far? I'd say no to both.

I have to laugh a little when I remember about a year ago when I timidly proffered the opinion that Petrov hadn't been MOTM on one particular occasion and was told accusingly by one poster "You don't like Petrov very much do you?" and I think a visit to Specsavers was recommended.

Petrov 2 votes so far. No longer flavour of the month. Was he ever really so good? And has he now fallen so far? I'd say no to both.

To be fair, he's in a vote alongside the likes of Barry, Barry had 6/7 decent years and 2/3 unbelievable years at Villa, Petrov has had 2 poor years and a very good one.

That's a bit harsh really.

You're saying Petrov 'only' has 2 votes when he's up against one of Villa's all-time greats in Barry? The fact he has any votes speaks volumes if anything.

That's a bit harsh really.

You're saying Petrov 'only' has 2 votes when he's up against one of Villa's all-time greats in Barry? The fact he has any votes speaks volumes if anything.

Good to know he isn't Judas any more. You don't think times (and people's opinions expressed time and again) change rather quickly do you?

Â