What did think when Heskey Came on today ?

reddwarf

What did you think when Heskey Came on Today (1-1)  

87 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think when Heskey Came on Today (1-1)

• Ill settle for a point
    • Bold Move could win us the game

I thought: Why has he left Carew, that complete waste of space, on the pitch? Bold move all the same.

I think that's a fair statement, but I can see why he put three strikers on the pitch. But from the sounds of things, he should have actually put Heskey up front where he belongs if he's going to play, then either Milner, Young or Gabby in attacking midfield, so we had some pace to get back and help if necessary.

would that be gabby who scores goals? you would replace him for heskey who doesnt score goals?

weird

and so the heskey points per game total gets even worse, as does the lets play 4 4 2 instead of a winning formula of 4 5 1.

never mind, im sure once 4th is out of reach more excuses... i mean explinations, will be brought forward.

heres your facts mate.. villa 0 wigan 2, heskey started, sidwell on bench.. liverpool/portsmouth/fulham/birmingham all won with sidwell playing.. today blackburn 2 villa 1 heskey played? yes a used sub villa were 1-1 till heskey came on ,sidwell played ? no

Yes those are facts. But it's complete statistical irrelevance. We didn't lose today because of Heskey and we didn't win those other games because of Sidwell. It's pure coincidence.

if you dont like the answer,dont ask the question

"You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's the sign post up ahead, your next stop...The Twilight Zone!"
Scratch my post - WINNER

I thought: Why has he left Carew, that complete waste of space, on the pitch? Bold move all the same.

I think that's a fair statement, but I can see why he put three strikers on the pitch. But from the sounds of things, he should have actually put Heskey up front where he belongs if he's going to play, then either Milner, Young or Gabby in attacking midfield, so we had some pace to get back and help if necessary.

would that be gabby who scores goals? you would replace him for heskey who doesnt score goals?

weird

and so the heskey points per game total gets even worse, as does the lets play 4 4 2 instead of a winning formula of 4 5 1.

never mind, im sure once 4th is out of reach more excuses... i mean explinations, will be brought forward.

But you did not expect top 4, so there would be no need for excuses. I mean, if you expect top 8, you surely has a reason to be happy with yet another 6th place.

heres your facts mate.. villa 0 wigan 2, heskey started, sidwell on bench.. liverpool/portsmouth/fulham/birmingham all won with sidwell playing.. today blackburn 2 villa 1 heskey played? yes a used sub villa were 1-1 till heskey came on ,sidwell played ? no

Yes those are facts. But it's complete statistical irrelevance. We didn't lose today because of Heskey and we didn't win those other games because of Sidwell. It's pure coincidence.

if you dont like the answer,dont ask the question

I was being facetious because the original post didn't really lack any strength as an argument.

weird

I didn't say that Heskey should be replaced with Gabby. What I said was if Heskey is playing, at least play him up front where he is supposed to play.

If we're playing with two big strikers, Gabby's pace getting behind the defence is obviously going to be less effective, because Blackburn would just play a deeper line. He would still be able to get forward anyway.

If I had it my way, we'd be playing 4-5-1 against Blackburn. It was blatantly going to be a scrappy, long-ball kind of game. We should have relied more on the counter.

I thought that MON was cutting off his nose to spite his face, but maybe it needed to be done.

I'm disappointed, but I think it's nothing more than a blip.

I disagree - if he was was cutting off his nose to spite his face, he would have brought Gardner on to shore up the midfield - but his tactic wasn't aimed at securing one point but three - it failed, obviously.

i think its clear that hes just not going to be any good for us. i thought when he signed he would help create more space for ash milner and gabby to play in, but he doesnt do anything.

watching footy first his first 2 "highlights" were him falling on his backside, the first one nearly cost us a goal as well.

time to just cut our losses with him i think, and get the fonz more involved. at least he has the ability to score.

i think its clear that hes just not going to be any good for us.

It has been for ages. He's atrocious, an absolute embarrassment.

Bit harsh!

But ...it did dawn on me (again) that Heskey is our now main alternative to scoring goals when need a result - a striker who hardly ever scores and so far has looked completely out of sorts for us so far.

I actually missed Harewood.

Then to see him on the wing ..well .

Not being funny but if you look at Everton and Spurs (who will be our main rivals for 6th-(lets face it thats what we are after) they have 3 strikers who whatever you think of them seem to score goals when given the chance have a track record of scoring goals ..as Heskey well doesnt ...

Delfounseou - well i like him but options upfront still look relatively limited to me .

was in a bar in thailand, already getting evils and silly comments off these big lumps cos I asked for the villa game while they wanted Liverpool, so when Heskey came on thy were pissing themselves, then after 2 minutes when he fell over they all nearly had heart attacks from laughter...not good. if heskey is the answer.....

Â