PL: Blackburn a Ratings and Reactions

limpid

Problem is Villa they got a good squad but not in central midfield and forward department.

I think we need to sort the midfield out and get rid (most not all) of Reo Coker, Petrov, Osbourne, Salifou, Sidwell, Gardner and bring in 4 players to play with Delph and upfront we need to get rid of Harewood, Heskey, and maybe Carew and bring in 3 strikers.

I don't know what happens to the game. But sound like bad change cost us the game with Heskey coming on for Delph.

First time in a while I've been unable to catch a match, but I can't say I'm surprised at the result. I never have liked the Blackburn fixtures for some reason. Seems like we thought we'd try to beat Blackburns physique by offering ourselves greater options and came off worse.

We'll do it again. No point hand-wringing and mithering over it. I'm most gutted over not extending that run of form but we'll return to it.

Just got back. A good chat and a beer or two with Blandy before was certainly the hilight

Saw so many things that were not good about Villa today from woeful things on the pitch through to racist fans making monkey actions and noises towards a Blackburn player.

Will write up a few words later but to be honest this is not the sort of Villa I like watching

Firstly to allow a team back in the game as quickly as Villa allowed Blackburn back in the game after delivering a crippling blow within minutes of the game starting is a big mistake in anyone's books. You definitely take advantage of those breaks when they come your way.

IMO, Friedal kept the score respectable, i was amazed at how flat footed Villa's midfield was and this to a very average side, a side that easily could be fighting to stay up towards the end of the season, some very obvious problems for me, Heskey is not Premiership, i really couldn't give a crap what Capello thinks of him, he's wrong, does he actually come and watch Heskey when he plays for Villa and we all know what will happen to England when they play a serious team that wants to win.

When Petrov goes out of a game its like he's been abducted by aliens, he simply disappears, another point i would make is MON really needs to get Ash's head right, its one of two things, either, he really has no answer to the way defences are handling him, or he's just not focused, he is simply a shadow of the player he was a year ago and before, IMO we need Downing as soon as possible so Ash can be sidelined for a few games which my bring him round, that or he will get the hump and leave the club.

For me the worst thing that's come out of this is not the fact that we have been beaten, not the fact that they deserved to beat us, its the fact the confidence and fear factor that we have worked hard to form regarding how well our back four have come together, giving us leverage when we come up against the bigger sides, has simply gone, next opponents will study this on that pro zone thing that is the new football bible and know exactly how to beat us.

A great shame we lost this game, but we can't win every game and with the team we have, we need to expect some results like this unfortunately.

The recent form has been fantastic - i've been thinking about it recently - how we've seen the bizarre substitutions, tactical choices and players being played out of position had disappear - and as a result we've been winning games.

We had a return to this today, from the sound of it.

A bizarre team choice, changing formation whilst in form to accommodate a young player who isn't ready for the Premiership. Playing players out of position (We've got two right backs at the club now and we still don't start one!) our on form player being played out of position for part of the second half, Heskey being brought on ( WHY?!!!)

I can't think of any reason why even if MON wanted 442, why he would pick Delph over NRC other than for personal reasons.

If one player needs dropping to bring his head back to reality, it's Ashley Young.

Unfortunately after a cracking start it appears Collins and Dunne both had a bad day at the office too. Collins seems to have lacked the concentration he's shown before and Dunne seems to have had one of his 'Off' days which made me wary when we were linked with him, They've been brilliant up today, I hope they go back to 'brilliant'.

Its frustrating, especially when you look at the next game being one we are unlikely to win if you compare the two teams - but we managed to beat Liverpool I suppose.

I think this brings us back to ground a bit, and possibly shows that Man City and Spurs are bother ahead of us in terms of ability and performance at the moment.

I think the 442 set up was OK

We expected the bombardment, and the men handed responsiblity had dealt with similar and could be trusted to repel such advances.

But they didn't.

And when balls were bouncing out of our area, our midfield didn't pick them up and take control.

And when balls were bouncing out of their area, our midfield didn't pick them up and take control.

Before their equaliser, that pattern was emerging, but we didn't address it. MON could have dropped Milner back into the centre and gone 4-5-1 without substitutions or gone 5-4-1 by replacing a rather inefectual Big John with Beye and sought to control the game. With Milner and Young in that midfield you still have the counter attack abilities, but try and stand by what you have gained. Hindsight is lovely.

By the time a change came, we desperately needed to regain the initiative - and whilst Heskey might have been one angle (he did win a couple of corners) it was meeting like for like - and they are more practised at this game than we are.

Bad day at the office all around - mentions to old Brad, Milner, Young and Gabby, but overall out thought and outfought. He's a smart cookie big sam.

Did you notice Heskey went to LB and Warnock ended LM? Then later on Heskey went upfront and Warnock was running up the WHOLE left hand side by himself? Why take Delph off and bring Heskey on? Reo Coker would have been more beneficial. I don't care that he took Delph off he was on a yellow I would have too but I don't see why Heskey was subbed on. In my opinion that decision lost us the game. He did nothing!

Still **** off.

Just got home and yeah I'm still **** off also...very indeed.

Feel like I'm having a Mr. Fickle PMT style skitzo fit, so thrilled at exceeding my expecations with a good run and then this. Like my car was going 100mph and into a brick wall, I was so up for today.

I really shouldnt be this down about 1 loss but its the way in which we lost, tactically we didnt have to lose today but we went from bad through bad tactics to shocking through shocking tactics.

Heskey is a big lump of uselessness. It's these kind of things that will cost us crucial games, Mon needs to get over himself and his little ego troubles and do whats right for the Villa not whats right for him.

Coker should have come on today, even craig gardener would have been a much better sub...but for someone like carew who was having a shit game.

I have been a season ticket holder for 40 years and will always support anybody who turns up in a villa shirt but i absolutely cannot support heskey

So you will always support someone in a Villa shirt?

Just not Heskey................

He is not brilliant but there has definitely been worse!!

I have been a season ticket holder for 40 years and will always support anybody who turns up in a villa shirt but i absolutely cannot support heskey

So you will always support someone in a Villa shirt?

Just not Heskey................

He is not brilliant but there has definitely been worse!!

There have definintely been worse - surely the point

More disappointed today than the Wigan defeat.

Only listened on the radio but it sounded pretty shite. Undone by what sounds a pretty dodgy penalty award but we should have been well clear by then against 10 men, and a team who had only picked up 4 points before today.

I am now going to switch off all football programmes as I'm rather pissed off

This!!

Only slight consolation is that we've still got a game in hand over some of the teams around us....

Does this mean you'll be watching X Factor or Strictly Come Dancing tonight Rob?

ha!

Got plenty of good stuff to watch, started with a 1979 BBC Play For Today - Just A Boys Game. TV is just full of crap