PL: Blackburn a Ratings and Reactions

limpid

The problem is, he keeps repeating the same mistakes. Its like he doesn't watch the game?

This is incredibly frustrating because we can all see it. It is sooooo obvious. You do not have to be a great manager to know what MON is doing is wrong - formation, teams and subs.

How many times are people going to defend him and say he is a great manager who has had an off day??

Its hard to say really but at the end of the day its a results business. We didnt get the result today but over the long term MON will get us the results to push for 4th, if not break into the top four. One commentator (forgot who) mentioned at the start of the season that he was tipping Villa to push for the top 4 as "when have you seen an O'Neill team struggle?" Sums it up really.

No coincidence Leicester went down after MON left.

Briggaman you are spot on. I don't think we have played well in any of our recent wins, but we have been winning so naturally I have been happy. Today I blame O'Neill more than the players though, that sub was horrific and I said it at the time and I also would have played Reo-Coker. I just cant stand watching Heskey in a Villa shirt though, its depressing.

We didnt get the result today but over the long term MON will get us the results to push for 4th, if not break into the top four.

I really hope he can do this, however with this current squad I very much doubt it. Plus we now have Spurs and Man City to contend with along with Everton....

"when have you seen an O'Neill team struggle?" Sums it up really.

No coincidence Leicester went down after MON left.

By struggle that's more meaning relegation, we won't struggle, we'll just settle around 10-8th.

Now considering the amount of money spent over the past 3 year, I'd expect a little bit more.

Sorry no one can defend the Heskey for Delph sub, utter madness.

That was stupid, I'll say that straight. But MON isnt perfect, not even Ferguson or Wenger is (Kleberson, Silvestre etc). At the end of the day though I feel he will get us into a very strong league position...FFS he got Leicester of all teams into the top half every season. So no matter how many shit matches he screws up his tactics in, we should trust him to get it right OVER THE LONG TERM

why the hell are we still playing a center half at fullback?

cant we ever play players in their natural position.

can we stop all this ' wait for the over reaction brigade ', at the end of the day we played shite, the manager got the tactics wrong, so i think people are entitled to moan and give their opinions.

Thought we were set up wrong, although it looked promising in the first half as we actually used the ball abit and moved it around the ground well, till the second half where we lost our composure again and just started hoofing it up field, we should be winning these games and with them a man down for the last quarter of the game i thought we played even worse when they had 11, fair play to Blackburn though they worked hard and probably deserved a point but nicked all three.

Friedel- 8 MOM for mine, didn't put a foot wrong, had no chance with both goals and had a few quality saves

Collins- 6 Thought he got caught out of position for the first goal not marking Di Santo, but pressured him well throughout the game

Dunne - 5 Sloppy effort to give away the penalty, worked hard and was solid apart from that.

Cuellar- 6 solid up the back, was shown up a few times though not shutting down the crosses enough for my liking.

Warnock- 7 Strong performance back at his old haunt, good effort.

Delph- 6 had a few classy touches and liked his energy in defence at times, silly effort to get booked though but shows promise.

Petrov- 6 decent enough effort, looked lost on the ball at times though which was dissapointing.

Milner- 8 Dynamic, was the catalyst for the goal with the flick on and always attacked the ball well setting up a few good chances.

Young- 6 worked hard but his set pieces were very dissapointing, put in a few pearler's from broken play that is his saving grace.

Carew- 5 Did he play? really dissapointed, most PL strikers are getting onto Milner's mis-hit volley and sliding it in the back post, Carew looked tired and sluggish from the outset.

Gabby- 7 Worked hard off the ball as usual and got enough on the ball to squeeze it in the goal for his 5th in 5 games, starved of chances though.

Heskey - 5 why was he subbed on for Delph of all people is truly beyond me, was ineffective in the midfield which was already broadcast as soon as the change was annonced.

Dissapointing result in the end but bring on Citeh, UTV.

1st half we were fine apart from a bad error by the defence, blackburn only threatened with set pieces. 2nd half was very poor. dunn started to get too much freedom and MONs solution was to take off delph and put heskey left wing!! hes crap, he does nothing but fall over. this also took gabby out wide where he was ineffective, and move milner who although did OK was less effective than he was out right.

he had 2 ready made replacements for delph in NRC or gardner who would have given us some more muscle and drive through the middle, which we needed. yet he changed the whole shape of the side to shoe horn in heskey and it smacks of pettiness that NRC was once again ignored.

poor subs from MON and poor tatics- we have to learn to keep the ball and play through the middle as well. we let ten man blackburn dictate the game and that is not good enough

Sorry no one can defend the Heskey for Delph sub, utter madness.

That was stupid, I'll say that straight. But MON isnt perfect, not even Ferguson or Wenger is (Kleberson, Silvestre etc). At the end of the day though I feel he will get us into a very strong league position...FFS he got Leicester of all teams into the top half every season. So no matter how many shit matches he screws up his tactics in, we should trust him to get it right OVER THE LONG TERM

I didn't say I wanted him out after we have won the last few games mate but I'm getting fed up with this Heskey situation.

... MON isnt perfect, not even Ferguson or Wenger is (Kleberson, Silvestre etc).

At the end of the day though I feel he will get us into a very strong league position...FFS he got Leicester of all teams into the top half every season.

So no matter how many shit matches he screws up his tactics in, we should trust him to get it right OVER THE LONG TERM

:thumb:

it is our finishing position at the end of the season which counts.

i think we're looking good long-term.

I didn't say I wanted him out after we have won the last few games mate but I'm getting fed up with this Heskey situation.

OK sorry that I misunderstood that. Yeah Heskey on for Delph is madness I'll give you that.

When a player has a bad game he gets criticism, even when he's a really good player.

We've got a really good manager here, but he's had a stinker and it's cost us the game.

I can't argue with that.

And saying that, what the hell is up with the really good player that is John Carew? From the few minutes my stream allowed me to watch of the game, he just didn't look bothered.