PL: Blackburn a Ratings and Reactions

limpid

MON has blown it again.

- 15 games at the end of last season with Stan in a 4-4-2 didn't work

- Wigan, Rapid Vienna and Cardiff, now add Blackburn - poor performances against inferior opposition

Does he not watch these games.

For those that say 1 loss in 7 - look at the opposition. The only decent performance was against Plop.

It is so frustrating! His stubborness and poor tactics are going to make us midtable in my view. Another depressing weekend.

This was inevitable from around the time the team sheet were announced, no NRC? no 4-5-1? A manager with MON's experience should know better IMO. Petrov was really poor today and has been in a 4-4-2 system, we had no shape or desire to win the game. Terrible perfomance IMO, a draw would have been fair but thats football at the end of the day, hopefully MON can spot his errors and rectify them for the Citeh game.

People are going to moan about anyone that complains by saying that it is an over-reaction no doubt. However, the simple fact is that today we just weren't good enough. MON got it wrong and the players just didn't have what it took to break down an average Blackburn side.

I think our wins have gotten to peoples heads and they have forgotten how poor we have been in all of those wins (other than against Liverpool). It's true that the three points is the important thing, yet we really need to start playing some good football and getting results that way. We can't rely on playing poor and scraping results for the rest of the season because it won't happen.

Hopefully we will bounce right back, however today has been three points dropped. I think it is down to both MON and the players. MON got the tactics wrong and the players weren't good enough.

The more I see us play the more I worry about our team. We look extremely average in all honesty and I often feel that some people have claret and blue tinted specs when they say how well we have played. The players are just not up to scratch at the moment and really need to pull their fingers out. Speaking of which, when was the last time Young put in a good performance?! I don't like singling players out, however Young has been poor for a while in my opinion.

Anyway, these are just my thoughts. We lost today and it feels awful, however we must move on. I just feel that we have a deeper problem though. Oh well, life goes on....

well said briggaman

What's disappointing is Heskey for Delph is the type of substitution to make when you are chasing a game.

But we were 1-1, a point away from home is good whoever you're playing.

We never seem to play calmly, EVER.

Take off Delph or Carew, bring on NRC, keep possession. simples. :-(

granted, it didn't work, but despite the hysterics here, Heskey for Delph actually made some sense.

Delph was on a yellow and has not shown the ability to hold up and be a bit safe in the challenge, so it avoided a possible send off.

Samba moving forward had caused Warnock real problems on high balls so it added some height and strength on that side.

We needed a goal so it created the option of 442 quickly converting to 433.

Milner has proven he can be dangerous in the middle.

Agreed, the middle becomes a little susceptible to attack, but Blackburn wasn't working the ball in from passes in the middle anyway.

The sub had lots of good logic regardless of the outcome, which was admittedly very disappointing. But the sub was not our undoing.

More disappointed today than the Wigan defeat.

Only listened on the radio but it sounded pretty shite. Undone by what sounds a pretty dodgy penalty award but we should have been well clear by then against 10 men, and a team who had only picked up 4 points before today.

I am now going to switch off all football programmes as I'm rather pissed off

This!!

Only slight consolation is that we've still got a game in hand over some of the teams around us....

Does this mean you'll be watching X Factor or Strictly Come Dancing tonight Rob?

seems like we played fairly poor... you cant expect us to win games by playing like that

it was abit like last season where everything was going for us but we was playing particularly well, the the tables turned... played virtually the same but nothing went out way and so we struggled to pick up points

This was inevitable from around the time the team sheet were announced, no NRC? no 4-5-1? A manager with MON's experience should know better IMO. Petrov was really poor today and has been in a 4-4-2 system, we had no shape or desire to win the game. Terrible perfomance IMO, a draw would have been fair but thats football at the end of the day, hopefully MON can spot his errors and rectify them for the Citeh game.

The problem is, he keeps repeating the same mistakes. Its like he doesn't watch the game?

This is incredibly frustrating because we can all see it. It is sooooo obvious. You do not have to be a great manager to know what MON is doing is wrong - formation, teams and subs.

How many times are people going to defend him and say he is a great manager who has had an off day??

If he is going to leave players out for no other reason than being stubborn and spiteful and that leads to inferior results he can **** off as far as im concerned.

The problem is, he keeps repeating the same mistakes. Its like he doesn't watch the game?

This is incredibly frustrating because we can all see it. It is sooooo obvious. You do not have to be a great manager to know what MON is doing is wrong - formation, teams and subs.

How many times are people going to defend him and say he is a great manager who has had an off day??

he learns and then forgets, we lose opening day, so he goes 4-5-1 in the next 2 or 3 matches, then wins 2-0 against Portsmouth at home and thinks okay it'll work again and it don't.

Okay 4-4-2 vs Portsmouth is fair enough. but away from home.

We've won **** 9 on the trot playing 4-5-1 away from home, what pisses me off ffs.

People are going to moan about anyone that complains by saying that it is an over-reaction no doubt. However, the simple fact is that today we just weren't good enough. MON got it wrong and the players just didn't have what it took to break down an average Blackburn side.

I think our wins have gotten to peoples heads and they have forgotten how poor we have been in all of those wins (other than against Liverpool). It's true that the three points is the important thing, yet we really need to start playing some good football and getting results that way. We can't rely on playing poor and scraping results for the rest of the season because it won't happen.

Hopefully we will bounce right back, however today has been three points dropped. I think it is down to both MON and the players. MON got the tactics wrong and the players weren't good enough.

The more I see us play the more I worry about our team. We look extremely average in all honesty and I often feel that some people have claret and blue tinted specs when they say how well we have played. The players are just not up to scratch at the moment and really need to pull their fingers out. Speaking of which, when was the last time Young put in a good performance?! I don't like singling players out, however Young has been poor for a while in my opinion.

Anyway, these are just my thoughts. We lost today and it feels awful, however we must move on. I just feel that we have a deeper problem though. Oh well, life goes on....

This. Accept i also think we were fortunate to win at Liverpool really if you look at the game as a whole rather than the result - they had something like 24 shots!