PL: Man City h 2009/10/05 20:00 Match Thread

limpid

**** me.

I told myself if MON chose a 4-4-2 I wouldn't bother watching the match, because I know it's going to be a depressing match like the Blackburn one, and even if we're drawing MON will do something to make sure we lose.

But I just can't stay away, ah well, time for 2 hours of pain.

John Carew hat trick, 4-4 draw.

I really can't see it being 0-0, I guess it depends how well we attack. They will find goals through our defense, they'll find goals through any defense in truth, but they still can't defend for shit. If we can strike first and stay organised I think we can play on the counter attack for most of the game, and then we may have more success. If we let them get an early goal, we will struggle.

hmmm, not sure about that team. i dont think sidwell and petrov will be able to cope with man citys 3 man midfield. theres no pace in there as sidwell isnt much quicker than stan and we all no how he also goes missing too much.

i think it will have to be a case of us outscoring them, so a big game needed from carew tonight in particular.

Maaaaaaaaaybe he's playing Gabby on the RW and moving Milner inside making a 4-5-1?

With the form Gabby's in I very much doubt MON is going to stick him out wide.

They are weak at the back, but their midfield, on paper, is far superior to ours.

I have gone from confident of victory, to dreading the game. I was sure we would go 4-5-1 today. As we have failed to do so I can see us getting totally dominated in midfield.

Although I would love nothing more than to be wrong obviously.... COME ON VILLA!!