PL: Man City h 2009/10/05 20:00 Match Thread

limpid

This is the most interesting and the most exciting game of the decade. And I don't know what to say, and I don't know what to expect. And I don't want to know what to expect.

Unfortunately I won't be able to experience the intensity, the atmosphere at Villa Park. :cry:

Villa played off the park but win 1:0

not based on any in depth knowledge of opposition formations or star alignment, just woke up this morning and new it

Sometimes you just get a feeling!! I'd put some money on it If I were you, just in case like!

I'd take a 1-0 win, City are flying at the moment and scoring goals all over the place.

I honestly can't see us keeping a clean sheet, 2-2 I think.

Love that tune Tamuff, great song! Let's hope it will be!

I'm normally a optimist but something tells me we'll lose, probably 0-2 or 1-3. They're scoring goals from all positions, where we are struggling to get more then 1 in a game and kill it off....But here's to hoping!

After Blackburn, we really need at least a point in this match.

but i have this feeling it won't be a draw, it'll be 1-0, but don't know to which side.

(of course, now i've said that, its bound to be a draw!)

Would you take a point if it was on offer now?

I would. Sorry to say this but I think we will lose.

i was going to say i would, but then i thought about it some more, and i decided i wouldn't.

i'd rather go for the win & end up losing, than just accepting a draw.

Draws are no good at the top end of the Premier League, better to win some & lose some, rather than drawing.

Though if Man City win this, i don't think we'll catch them for the rest of the season.

Huge, massive, enormous, exciting beyond the point of human comprehension is just scratching the surface, when the boys step forth onto that holy of holiest of grounds looking like gladiatorial Goliaths, you've seen Brad Pitt in TROY, that gives you some idea, only you'll be looking at 11 Brad Pitt's, and like Brad Pitt were he was up against some big fat ugly git with a bald head, we are up against 11 of them, Gabby, Ash and the boys will deliver a thrusting blow tonight that will sink these tyrants from the North Western tribal lands, a dark and foreboding place, full of, dark elf's and demons that call themselves the Adeboyors, the Tevez's, De Jong a mystic race of oriental decent full of ancient spells and curses, and wonderful wok cooked food that you can get with boiled rice and chips.

Fear not, Ash will plunge deep into the heart of the beast with a rapier like cross that Gabby will rear up to meet, just like Brad when he leaped dramatically in a fantastic manoeuvre thrusting his dagger into the enemy monolith, Gabby will drive the final blow home, sending these horde's back to the nether world from which they emerge from twice a year.

So, I'll go and lie down in a darkened room with 2 Asprin and be ready for the battle.

Would you take a point if it was on offer now?

I would. Sorry to say this but I think we will lose.

i was going to say i would, but then i thought about it some more, and i decided i wouldn't.

i'd rather go for the win & end up losing, than just accepting a draw.

Draws are no good at the top end of the Premier League, better to win some & lose some, rather than drawing.

Though if Man City win this, i don't think we'll catch them for the rest of the season.

Fail to see how a loss would be better to us Ender....I think I see what you are trying to say but there is simply no logic in what you have said. A point is a point, and a loss is none.

I'd take a draw right now tbh.

A dour 0-0 with the first shot on target trickling into the arms of Freidel around the 65th minute. Neither defence really stretched and the ref keeping his cards in his pocket.

Ah who am I kidding 7-5 to 10 man Villa with City getting 3 red cards of their own with a squad of terrorists from the future parachuting onto the field in the middle of the game only to be taken out by General Krulak and his sidekick Bruce Lee chryogenically frozen for 36 years to fulfill the prophesy and save the world from the time traveling terrorist threat but only after the terrorists had hung drawn and quartered their prisoner Harry Redknapp in the center circle at halftime.

I think if we go 4-5-1 with NRC there is no reason why we can't get something, although it will be a case of stifling them, as they are better than us man for man and will also deploy a similar system I'd imagine.

If this is the case I'll say we'll win win the game 2-1 or draw 1-1. Villa usually defy the odds with a 4-5-1 and it might be a good night.

However without NRC we might not be in a position to stifle them, and if MON (stupidly) goes in with a 442 with Petrov, then we may well be mauled, as without protection I can see Dunne being a liability against forwards of that quality. If this is the case I can see a 1-3 or 1-4 reverse, because he won't change it to 4-5-1 mid game if the 442 isn't working.

I now don't know what to expect from MON given the Wigan and Blackburn tactical and selection debacles hence I can't make an accurate prediction. But I'll go optimistic and say NRC will return in a 4-5-1 and we'll win 2-1 in a panic inducing last 10 minutes!!