PL: Man City h 2009/10/05 20:00 Match Thread

limpid

Tough game and one i think we'll lose.

They have better players than us and are playing better football.

We're still getting used to this winning at home lark, a Villa home game is still not a shoe in for a win; its something we're working on.

For all the pace we have we still dont defend against it very well and they have just as much as we do!

Positives are they will attack so we wont have to brake them down which we cannot do, meaning just counter attacking.

Also Lescott is playing like shite at the moment which is handy!

I'm hoping the Barry thing doesnt become this massive issue, if we boo him, you just know he'll have a stormer!

Gonna have to be 4-5-1 even at home.

MON wont do that so another reason we'll probably get a shit result :(

we will need to produce a counter attacking master class. 4-5-1 goes without saying. Petrov Reo Coker and Sidwell. They should know all about Barry after training with him for years. I think a draw is a likely outcome.

The only worry is MON might look at their defence and decide to go 4-4-2 we wouldn't be able to cope in centre mid with the movement especially Ireland

nrc has to play tomorrow or i think we will be overrun in the middle of the park.Anyone know how the tickets have been selling think we need a full house and a rocking villa park to give us a chance! :winkold:

Would you take a point if it was on offer now?

I'm not sure I would, but I wouldn't be too unhappy if that's what we end up with.

The way results are going elsewhere, if we lose this one and the Chelsea one the top six could be a distance away.

I think it's vital that we get at least a point from one of the next two.

does anyone know how many tickets we have left for this? OS says on sale to all supporters, but I would love a full house to make the atmosphere as intimidating as possible, even though it is on a monday and on the telly...

I don't fancy Cuellar facing Bellamy if MON plays him at right back, i'd sooner have Beye in there and Cuellar at centre back with Dunne.

I've got a feeling this is going to be a goal fest, i can see the sresult being similar to last season only i'm not so sure it will be i our favour this time!

I'd go witha three man central midfield but perhaps stick Delph in for Sidders and sit him just infront of Petrov and Nige.

Friedel

L. Young - Collins - Dunne - Warnock

Milner - Petrov - Delph - A Young

Sidwell

Agbonlahor

I think we'll do better this time with 4-5-1... not trying to teach NRC a lesson... I just don't think he's earned the start based on performances. I would rather have Delph's quickness.

Luke Young won't be ready in time for tonight - so I expect Cuellar to start at RB!

Citeh are great going forward but haven't looked too great at the back - their attacking game could suit our counter-attacking play if we manage to shackle the likes of Adebarndoor/Tevez and Bellamy (who is on a rich vein of form)

I personally would recall NRC just for his energy and disruptive play in midfield.

I'd pick -

..................Friedel

Cuellar.Dunne.Collins.Warnock

........NRC.Petrov.Sidwell

Milner............................Young

...............Agbonlahor

Subs: Guzan.Beye.Shorey.Delph.Gardner.Carew.Heskey

I just hope this doesn't become a game 'about' Gareth Barry - I think ignoring him is the best bet. I also think the Citeh fans will be giving Dunne a good reception.

This will be a 1-1 or 2-1 to us.... :shock:

I hope Reo-Coker plays. If not I think we'll be over-run in midfield. Delph is too inexperienced to start this fixture I feel.

We do have the best defence in the Premiership at the moment so it's not impossible for us to win.

Tough to predict this.

A draw. Can't hope for more. Though, if we sit back and try to counter attack we have a rather fair cahnce. They're not invincible, we're at home where we've beaten better teams before.

If we don't play 4-5-1 we're ****.

Barry and Ireland/De Jong will sit deep, and play passes all game. They need to be closed down at all times.

Tevez will play off Adebayor and drop into the gap between defence and midfield.

Without the numbers in the middle to counter this they will tear us apart. I have faith, with the amount of goals being shipped by their defence, that Gabby, Ashley, and Jimmy can score goals past them. Come on MON, let's sure up the central midfield, and give NRC a starting place.