PL: Man City h 2009/10/05 20:00 Match Thread

limpid

4-5-1 and we have every chance of a result here. Perfect team to counter attack against, and their defence doesn't look solid, Given has saved their bacon a lot this season (fair play to him).

If we go 4-5-1 I reckon it'll finish 2-2

Bellamy - Adebayor - Tevez the very likely front line.

It will be difficult to keep a clean sheet but I think City are also very vulnerable.

Hmmm. That would be far too attacking given their MF options.

If they do that, and go 4-3-3, the the MF 3 would probably be Barry, Ireland, SWP (or De Jong).

I think If we also go 4-3-3, with Asher, Gabby ad Milly upstairs, and Coker, Stan and Sidders MF, we can have them, as we will be more solid.

I think they'll go

Given

Zabaletta-Toure-Lescott-Bridge

De Jong-Barry-Petrov

Bellemy-Tevez-Adebayor

That's with Bellamy playing a sort of wide right winger/striker role

Can't see them dropping Petrov or Bellamy after the performance against West Ham

I think they'll go

Given

Zabaletta-Toure-Lescott-Bridge

De Jong-Barry-Petrov

Bellemy-Tevez-Adebayor

That's with Bellamy playing a sort of wide right winger/striker role

Can't see them dropping Petrov or Bellamy after the performance against West Ham

Petrov won't be picked over SWP, I can tell you that right now.

Maybe, but as I said, after how Petrov played on MOnday, I can't see them dropping him. But I also can't see them dropping Bellamy or Tevez to fit SWP in.

It will be

---------De Jong

----SWP---------Barry

Tevez------Adebayor-----Bellamy

GUARANTEED!

I think Ireland is fecked up, if he was fit they'd have a problem.

It will be

---------De Jong

----SWP---------Barry

seeing as swp is an out and out winger, that is basically then a 4-2-4, with barry and de jong holding the mf together.

a tad adventurous.

however, petrov is also essentially a winger, so replacing swp with him would make little difference, it's just be on the other flank.

It will be

---------De Jong

----SWP---------Barry

seeing as swp is an out and out winger, that is basically then a 4-2-4, with barry and de jong holding the mf together.

a tad adventurous.

however, petrov is also essentially a winger, so replacing swp with him would make little difference, it's just be on the other flank.

4-2-4, it's 1958 again!

But SWP does play in that somewhat central role at City (bizarrely) compared to Petrov who is a pure winger.

Mark Hughes is the luckiest manager of all time. Granted he did fairly well with Wales. (judging by bellemy's recent form i guess he brought out the best of the welsh players by providing them with top notch sheep as after match rewards). Blackburn started to deteriorate under his reign. Man City had as good a squad as us us last season and finished well below us. All of a sudden he gets 200 million to spend in a year and we'll still put up a decent fight this year with man city. I'm glad he's managing them, because if they had a quality manager they should be unstoppable.

Agree with ya there redrum, he is quite lucky and if they had someone like Mourinho, Pellegrini or even Rijkaard/Jol they would be very very difficult team to beat.

God I hope we stomp the money grubbin bastards. I can see it going either way though...even a draw is highly likely...

we always struggle when swp plays he always plays well against us so our defenders better get ready for a big battle

Except when Bouma plays against him...

TBF, This is a great test for Warnock, and a big test for our defense.

TBF this could define our season. OK it's one game and nothing can be judged on one game, but it's going to give us a good gauge of what we're aiming for this season I think.