LC: Cardiff City h 2009/09/23 Reactions and Ratings

NurembergVillan

he needs a rest though.. even though hes scored again.. he always loses form towards the end of the season. Just hope he doesnt get burnt out and gets a rest here and there.. would also like to see a bit of of the fonz.

average performance but a win nonetheless

lost way too many headers too bothroyd and beye looks a poor, poor player to me

marvellous goal from gabby altho i was down the other end so i didnt get a proper luck at it

carew needs to get in the box more like he did last season

he needs a rest though.. even though hes scored again.. he always loses form towards the end of the season. Just hope he doesnt get burnt out and gets a rest here and there.. would also like to see a bit of of the fonz.

A rest? You don't rest a player that scored 4 games in a row!

well maybe too soon for a rest.. but i hope he doesnt play 38 straight games plus cup competitions like last season.

Good performance, similar to the Portsmouth game in that the opposition had a lot of purposeful possesion without creating too many threatening chances.

We looked good on the counter and did a relatively good job of taking the sting out of Cardiff towards the end.

Gabby's goal was fantastic. At first I thought he'd just taken a dodgy touch, then I saw it nutmeg the defender and leave Encks with no chance. Lovely goal.

Milner was our best player, Cuellar was an absolute rock, never missed a tackle, always reliable as a last man. Collins immense bar one mistake when he had no options.

Shorey looked OK but nothing more. Tripped himself up in the first minute misjudging a long ball but played in a composed manner after that. Always likes to pass inside though. Bit annoying that.

Delph was good. One cracking tackle during the first half and I'm beginning to like his ball out to the left wing. Very nice.

Gardner had a bit of a mare. Was set up as a right winger but tucked in too deep. Then looked to switch places with Petrov in an attempt to get into a rythmn...didn't work. As such, we had no width on our right and a lot a ball went that way in the ifrst half as Cardiff looked to attack.

Last thing...the Cardiff fans were amazing. Very good throughout and well up for it. Made for a good atmosphere, because the Villa fans certainly weren't going to create one.

From the 70 mins I caught on the net, Milner looked energetic as usual and Gabby's goal was great :)

Cheers mate. In future, any chance of sharing said information?

Thanks.

For some reason I felt the urge to pretend I had a link to get a response, I don't know why and I regret it. I want to see his goal though

as for Gardner, don't rate him and from what people have been saying, another poor game when given the chance.

it really starts getting tough after blackburn so we really need a win here.

after that city and chelsea and those will be tough

great confidence builder for the game against rovers clean sheet and gabby scoring. delph apparently ahd agood game too. also lets not forget this performance was minus ashley young. and cardiff are not a bad side

A bit harsh May-z, I thought the opposite to be honest, there was only 22k there and I was in upper holte and it was a pretty good atmosphere considering, not at the usual level but we couldnt hear the cardiff fans at all, i think 75% of the chanting was aimed at them as they werent very vocal at all.

the formation was shocking, a decent team would have ripped us apart down the right wing, whenever we had the ball the only pass available seemed to be sideways or backwards and we used milner as our only real outlet for large portions of the game, was a very disappointing performance IMO as the pace was shocking, we constantly took away our own momentum by dwelling on the ball

that said for as dire as shorey was and as isolated as beye was they never really got behind us on the flanks and collins was a monster, 1st time ive seen him properly and i was thoroughly impressed, cuellar was alot better too, delph looked very comfortable on the ball but as mentioned other than some great diagonals there werent many options for him, gabby looks great and milner is fast becoming our best player IMO

all in all 6/10 poor game very little entertainment value IMO