PL: Blackburn a Match Thread 2009/09/26 15:00

limpid

i hate all this "doesnt work" cr ap all the time. when brian clough managed you never heard people saying that players "dont work". they need to make it fking work!! if petrov "doesnt work" in a 442 because he cant keep up he needs to get fitter/better/learn to make it work rather us just accpet it as though it is something set in stone. apparently lampard and gerard didnt "work" together, but strangely a manager who knows how to use them best has got them both playing in the same team and looking invincible.

i hate all this "doesnt work" cr ap all the time. when brian clough managed you never heard people saying that players "dont work". they need to make it fking work!! if petrov "doesnt work" in a 442 because he cant keep up he needs to get fitter/better/learn to make it work rather us just accpet it as though it is something set in stone. apparently lampard and gerard didnt "work" together, but strangely a manager who knows how to use them best has got them both playing in the same team and looking invincible.
Well Capello moved Gerrard wide left, do you suggest we move Petrov wide left?

In a 4-4-2 he can not play, it's simple.

Well Capello moved Gerrard wide left, do you suggest we move Petrov wide left?

In a 4-4-2 he can not play, it's simple.

no - i'm suggesting "doesnt work" is a cop out and "make it fcking work" is the answer.

I agree with you all the way up until the Lampard and Gerrard part. The only way they worked was having Gerrard on the left, thus leaving a gaping hole their. I don't call that working together. Lampard and Gerrard simply don't work together.....

Anyway, back onto the match. We simply need to play better and get another goal in. Easier said that done, however we should be beating Blackburn...

5 in midfield would help us keep the ball away from them and help us prevent them having it in areas where they can get it into the box properly.

They've got the beating of us n the air so we need to stop them getting the ball in.

At the moment, I think they look the team more likely to win this.

We need to get Gabby into it.

Carew has been a passenger in the last three games.

If not 4-5-1, maybe bring on Beye and go with a central three?

MON doesn't realise how to use them to their full potential, that's the problem. Lampard and gerrard didnt work centrally because they were naive defensively and that's exactly what villa are, naive, without a coker figure ( or dare i say it, a barry figure (for england that is))

A 4-5-1 against Blackburn would seem to be a good way of getting a point. I'd get Heskey on for Carew with instructions to drop back into the midfield when we're not in possession.

Carew has been very poor all season, O'Neill is entitled to expect much more from him than he has shown thus far.

I agree to an extent, although I think most people saying that Petrov "doesn't work" mean that he's not compatible in his current position witht he formation we're playing, just like Gerrard and Lampard weren't in England's previous formations under McClaren etc. Now Fabio has changed where and how they play, they're working - just as when we change where and how Petrov plays (ie one of three midfielders), he's more effective.

It's about other players too, ie Barry was added to the Gerrard/Lampard midfield for England, and they blossomed. There's a similar argument here, that NRC should play in a midfield alongside Petrov and Sidwell/Delph/Downing or whoever.

MON doesn't realise how to use them to their full potential, that's the problem. Lampard and gerrard didnt work centrally because they were naive defensively and that's exactly what villa are, naive, without a coker figure ( or dare i say it, a barry figure (for england that is))

I think i trust his tactics and football knowledge above yours in all fairness