PL: Blackburn a Match Thread 2009/09/26 15:00

limpid

i actually think for the first time I want MON out

inept performance again from the team

baffling substitutions

baffling just baffling and i think people are right he is clueless and wont take us where we want to go

He screwed up today but....breathe.

Really missed Sidwell today. Very unfortunate result, but it is way too early in the season to call it a disaster. Ask Chelsea if they're losing today is a "disaster".
Would it be too anti-PC to say we missed NRC?

i actually think for the first time I want MON out

inept performance again from the team

baffling substitutions

baffling just baffling and i think people are right he is clueless and wont take us where we want to go

After 5 wins on the trot.

The run was always going to end. Yes today MON had gotten it wrong tactically but how many times have we seen him get it right? E.g. vs Brum

Give the man who has never failed at any of the clubs he's managed a chance

Guest Ricardomeister

I think this game should be a big reality check for some people. We are a pretty good team but we do not have the quality that the sky 4, Citeh, Spuds...and arguably Everton...have. I still think 7th or 8th is our likely finishing position. A shocker from Dunne today...he seems to have a few of those, these days.

Blackburn don't deserve to win this, but we certainly deserve to lose it.

We've left ourselves with one lonely midfielder who is expected to control the game, despite the fact he's a player of very limited energy.

We have two wingers who are at their best as attacking forces who seem unsure as to whether they should be playing as Ryan Giggs or Roy Keane. They've been confused like the rest of us by our line up and substitutions.

We have one centre forward who is in great from as a lone striker alongside a John Carew who hasn't sprinted for three weeks and looks about as dangerous as a bag of leaves and Emile Heskey who scores once in a blue moon.

To win games against ten men you first have to have some semblance of control of those games, to do that you need more than one man in midfield.

We've got better players than Blackburn and they're more than capable of winning games like this, but our manager has lost this for us today through a combination of his own ego and how clever he'd like us all to think he is and his spite over having that pointed out to him by anyone else, be they fan or player.

He's a very good manager indeed, and we might still equalise in this game, but in some ways it might be better if we don't.

The answer to why we'll lose this game will be in the there in the tape. I would suggest the manager watches it on his own.

Absolutely spot on. Well said, OBE.

I have not seen the game so cannot comment on the performance with my own eyes, but from the sounds of things Martin has made some bizarre moves again today. He really does move in mysterious ways, one day he gets it absolutely right against Liverpool at Anfield and then a few weeks later we go to Blackburn and he brings on Heskey for Delph after starting the game 4-4-2 with Petrov in a midfield 2. This formation has not worked since the beginning of 2009 but he continues to push it.

Absolutely bizarre. Chelsea losing 3-1 to Wigan! Today is a very strange day!

Really missed Sidwell today. Very unfortunate result, but it is way too early in the season to call it a disaster. Ask Chelsea if they're losing today is a "disaster".
Would it be too anti-PC to say we missed NRC?

We win (usually) when Sidwell plays. I like NRC but he doesn't bring much to the team, other than a lot of clenched fists and running about.