PL: Blackburn a Match Thread 2009/09/26 15:00

limpid

NRC should have been on from the start in a 4-5-1

Disagree, there has been nothing in this game that makes me think we miss NRC. Delph is his 'replacement' and is playing better than NRC does for me.

451 AT Anfield is a great idea at Ewood is unnecessary.

I don't agree.

4-5-1 with NRC would have IMO given the likes of Milner and Young a better platform from which to attack and protected our back 4 more.

Disagree, there has been nothing in this game that makes me think we miss NRC. Delph is his 'replacement' and is playing better than NRC does for me.

I don't agree.

4-5-1 with NRC would have IMO given the likes of Milner and Young a better platform from which to attack and protected our back 4 more.

But plays into t'Rovers playing everything 30 foot above a 5 man midfield. i.e Their goal.

451 does allow Stan to blossom though, it's a tough choice but personally I would go 442 at Ewood.

Guest Ricardomeister

A pretty even first half...we have the better players but we need to handle their physical play better. I think if we do that we will go on to win 3-1.

But plays into t'Rovers playing everything 30 foot above a 5 man midfield. i.e Their goal.

I don't see how having 4 or 5 in midfield changes this or 1 or 2 up front for that matter.

451 does allow Stan to blossom though, it's a tough choice but personally I would go 442 at Ewood.

From what I can tell Dunn is having far too much influence on the game for Blackburn to be bypassing the midfield and personally I think that would be less likely had NRC been on the pitch.

I don't agree.

Absolutely fine, just not with stan. Delph and coker worked pre season, as did gardner and coker. Petrov has never worked in a 442

from what big ron was saying on WM is seems we are comfortable with everything but samba on set pieces, and we have played some nice stuff.

sounds like the goal was poor defending- you know what you are getting with blackburn and with collins, dunne, cuellar and carew in there we should be able to do better with long balls and set pieces at both ends.

id like to see us force the pace a bit more, seems we are sitting deep and playing a lot on the counter again which invites blackburns best tactic. we probably could take the game to blackburn a bit more without risking too much at the back.

sounds like carew and ash needs to get more involved as well

There best player is David Dunn and he's getting more space than anyone, you just can't allow that.

4-5-1 PLEASE.

Give Delph some freedom from midfield,

Exactly and its happening because Petrov doesn't work in a 4-4-2 formation.

In any case I don't see what we can gain from a 442.