Phumfeinz

Fab, gear  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Fab, gear

• Paul
    • John
    • George
    • Ringo

OK, I'll play - who are James and Richard?

The other two Beatles - James Paul McCartney and Richard 'Would All this Have Happened To Me' Starkey.

See, not being a fan at all I didn't get that.

Should have got Richard though as I know that's his name, didn't know macca was james though

As good a songwriter as McCartney is (one of the best pop songwriters... only Joel immediately comes to mind as topping him), I just never warmed to him.

Lennon was a tosser.

Ringo gave us legions of crap drummers who looked up to him (there's a distinct difference between those who looked up to the likes of Watts, Moon, Bonham, Rich, Krupa, Blaine, etc. (aka the good drummers) and those who looked up to Ringo (aka the shit drummers)).

So that leaves George. Seems to have been a good guy and gave us some good music outside of the Beatles.

I like them all. Paul for some cutesy quirky songs (usually written in the third person) , John for his deep lyrics (usually written in the first person), though I used to hate George's Indian influenced music, I now love it, (The Inner Light - b side of Lady Madonna is great) and Ringo just for being Ringo. I love his usual one vocal track on each album.

Liked Wings too - Wings over America was a great album, as was Band on The Run . Have cd's of all their individual "Greatest Hits" but George's recent one was very disappointing I have to say

Â