Villa Left Back 00's XI  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Villa Left Back 00's XI

• Alan Wright
    • J'Lloyd Samuel
    • Wilfred Bouma
    • Luke Young
    • Nicky Shorey

Bouma for me, purely on ability. It's quite a depressing list, due to the fact we've included a couple of our worst squad players of the last 10 years and a right back into the list. I don't think any of us could knock Alan Wright's contribution to the club but by the 00's, i remember him being a little lost in his ways and the crowd very much on his back.

(The person you pick should ideally be somebody who excelled post 2000, rather than excelled previously and crossed over into post 2000)

Gareth Southgate was fantastic for the season and a half of this decade he played for us.

I notice you have put L Young on the LB list but you didn't put olaf in as rb...hardly an unbiased approach to selecting the true team of the 00's..think olaf would have been a very close bet at rb which wouldve changed the cb selection...

I have gone for freddie on this one though... wrighty was a good little player but think he mainly shined in 90's

That's the reason I didn't put Olof at right back, didn't want him winning that and not being available for his best position and the position he played in most which was centre back.

Young missed out in the right back poll, so might as well stick him in this one as well.

seems a sad indictment of our club that these are the contestants ... I'd probably say Barry has been our best left back this decade !!

but in all seriousness it would have to be Alan Wright by a country mile even if he did exceed his sell by date with his last season

Bouma is vastly over rated by Villa fans .. can't fault his effort but his positional sense is woeful .. though he has improved under MON for sure

Â